Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: budget
Seventy two hours or bust? If push really comes to shove, The Hill's Erik Wasson tells Federal News Radio, the House's 72 hour rule could be waived and even a 24 hour CR is seen as better than a shutdown.
Not every D.C. Council member likes the budget unveiled by Mayor Vince Gray Friday, but councilman Tommy Wells is showing some strong support for it.
OPM Director John Berry is calling for agency executives to use their existing tools to get rid of poor performers. Berry tells House lawmakers that over the next year OPM will work with managers improve performance management. OPM also giving up on its retirement systems modernization program and putting its financial management system upgrade on hold.
Tags: pay and benefits , management , OPM , John Berry , House Appropriations Subcommittee on Financial Ser , Jo Ann Emerson , Barbara Lee , Steve Womack , best practices , FEHBP , hiring , employee dismissal , federal managers , John Buckner
The bill would protect both active duty and reserve members.
Nearly one-third of weapons systems the Defense Department has bought since 1997 are overbudget, and some of them by as much as 50 percent, GAO found.
Next on the Federal Drive, 6-10 a.m. * Here we go again - the countdown to shutdown is underway. Congress has less time than you think to come to a compromise. * Find out about the new National Center for The Veteran Institute for Procurement, and how it helps small veteran-owned businesses land federal deals. Be sure to check out these interviews and more on the next edition of the Federal Drive, weekdays from 6-10 a.m.
Former federal procurement policy chief Steve Kelman says you should think about share-in-savings contracts.
On the chopping block are the government's transparency programs and websites like USAspending.gov and Data.gov.
Two Senators have proposed a bill reducing the number of printed copies of the Congressional Record in order to reduce the overall deficit.
Jefferson Consulting Group's Kathy Conrad offers tips for managing in tough budgets.