Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: budget
Unemployment benefits as well as other help is available for federal employees to help pay their bills in the event of a shutdown.
As the clock continues to count down to a shutdown, Federal News Radio is hearing from federal workers about how a shutdown will impact them. We talk with AFGE's Kenneth Jones.
The federal government countdown to shutdown continues toward midnight tonight. We get the latest on negotiations from CNN's Bob Constantini.
President Obama expects to have an answer Friday morning about whether a shutdown can be averted. Meanwhile agencies have new guidance from OMB on how to prepare to close down their offices. Federal workers vent frustrations and ask questions during a town hall meeting sponsored by Rep. Jim Moran.
Tags: management , shutdown , Barack Obama , John Boehner , Harry Reid , Jim Moran , OPM , OMB , Congress , Dina Long , NTEU , Dan Adcock , NARFE , AFGE , SSA , DoT , FAA , Jason Miller , furlough , budget 2011
Washington is about to get the drop on Hollywood. Senior Correspondent Mike Causey says it's working up a sitcom in which the servants revolt and put the people who pay their salaries out of work. Insiders say it will be called "Shutdown II."
The Office of Management and Budget detailed what agencies should do over the next four days to prepare for and in the event of a government shutdown.
President Obama will veto a House bill that would make appropriations for the Defense Department for the remaining six months in this budget year.
From around the Twittersphere, what are people saying about a possible government shutdown?
The two sides in the budget debate disagree about much more than just the dollar amounts. AP's Mark Smith explains.
Budget talks continued overnight. As a sign of how things went, a new CR is being prepared and CNN's Bob Constantini tells us feds are being told to turn in time sheets, just in case.