Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- Improving Healthcare Outcomes through IT Policy
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: budget
To save money in contracting, DoD will have to spend money to build the acquisition workforce, former DoD Comptroller Dov Zakheim said.
Trudy Givens, of Portage, Wisc., beat out more than 18,000 with her idea for an "opt-in" option for hard copies of the Federal Register.
Carl Conetta, co-director of the Project on Defense Alternatives, said that DoD is on the right track to cut costs, but there are even more savings opportunities.
The New York Times interactive graphic allows you to make decisons about fixing the budget.
Congress faces no good options in dealing with the $1 trillion pricetag of funding government through next year.
Colonel Steve Strobridge of MOAA said the budget decisions by DoD cannot undermine key military incentives.
Maya MacGuineas, president of the Committee for a Responsible Federal Budget, joined the DorobekINSIDER to discuss recommendations for the budget process and how to get back to black.
Brenda Farrell, director of Defense Capabilities and Management Issues at GAO, joined the DorobekINSIDER to discuss GAO's recommendations for DoD's senior staff assessment process.
The Defense Department's 2012 budget will include more than its share of the 2.3 percent in savings that Secretary Gates has called for.
Washingtonian reporter Shane Harris joined the DorobekINSIDER to discuss his in-depth report on the 10-year saga of the Air Force to replace its tankers.