Shows & Panels
Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- American Readiness: Renewable Power and Efficiency Technologies
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal News Radio's National Cyber Security Awareness Month Special Panel Discussion
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: budget
This is a big week for the future of Defense spending. We get analysis from Defense contracting expert Jim McAleese.
The Navy readies RFIs for email and data storage to figure out how to best reduce spending on non-mission critical systems. Navy CIO Terry Halvorsen is exploring whether DON's non-classified email can be hosted by a third party, and whether a public-private partnership can be developed around data centers. Navy has no plans to use the DISA email system.
Tags: DoD , Department of the Navy , Navy , Marine Corps , technology , industry , contracting , DoD budget , efficiencies , data center consolidation , enterprise email , Terry Halvorsen , Robert Work , AFCEA , Jared Serbu
Terry Halvorsen, the Department of the Navy's chief information officer, said the Navy and Marine Corps should expect ruthless cost cutting in information technology. Halvorsen said if the services don't cut costs themselves, it will be done for them.
Tags: DoD , Department of the Navy , Navy , Marine Corps , technology , management , DoD budget , efficiencies , data center consolidation , application rationalization , Enterprise software licensing , Terry Halvorsen , Janice Haith , Jared Serbu
A significant reform of the federal budget process could be exchanged for raising the nation's debt ceiling. The Hill's Bob Cusack has the latest details.
The Federal Acquisition Regulations Council has issued a rule mandating the greening of federal procurements. We get reaction from Marco Giamberardino with the Associated General Contractors of America.
FMA's Jessica Klement discusses the biggest legislative threat to federal employees' pensions.
June 1, 2011(Encore presentation June 29, 2011)
Republicans invited to a White House meeting with President Barack Obama on the troubling national debt are trying to build up pressure for trillions in spending cuts in exchange for any increase in the government's ability to borrow. We get an update from The Hill's Josiah Ryan.
White House officials say military operations in cyberspace are vital to national security, but they want Congress add some clarity to the bill.
The National Defense Authorization Act of 2012 passed the House on a 322-96 vote. The bill determines defense spending levels and policy.