Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: budget
David Hawkings is the editor of CQ Roll's Daily Briefing.
Marion Blakey, the president and CEO of the Aerospace Industries Association a former FAA administrator, joined the Federal Drive with Tom Temin and Amy Morris to discuss what aerospace contractors should keep their eyes open for.
The Federal-Postal Coalition that represents 4.6 million government workers is urging President Barack Obama to preserve federal employees' pay and benefits when he sends his budget-reduction plan to Congress Monday. Coalition members fear lawmakers' drive to find funding cuts could harm federal employees.
Tags: Federal-Postal Coalition , Professional Managers Association , thomas burger , pay and benefits , Senior Executives Association , jenny mattingly , National Treasury Employees Union , Colleen Kelley , Federal Law Enforcement Officers Association , John Adler , House Appropriations Committee , continuing resolution , Emily Kopp
Treasury Department spokesman Anthony Coley said Saturday that neither his department nor the Federal Reserve believes the law can or should be used to produce such a $1 trillion coin to avoid a coming battle with Congress over government borrowing.
Ashton Carter, the nominee to be the new deputy Defense secretary, said DoD will need to consider civilian employee furloughs, the abandonment of major weapons systems and a severe curtailing of military training if the sequestration envisioned by Congress as a budget-cutting forcing function takes effect.
Complicated issues, like the economy, are more like algebra, says commentator Barlow Herget.
Commentator Barlow Herget says we should look to history for lessons on the current economic situation.
Through July 29, feds can submit their money-saving ideas. OMB narrows the ideas to the final four and then opens voting to the public.