Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: budget
In a letter to the Office of Personnel Management, the head of the government's watchdog committee said the U.S. Postal Service's decision to halt contributions to employees' retirement fund sets a "dangerous precedent" for other cash-strapped agencies.
These are the stories Federal News Radio reporters are working on today.
A number of functions will move out of the Social Security Administration's (SSA) Office of the Chief Information Officer, according to an email obtained by Federal News Radio. SSA is looking for ways to address funding reductions in its 2011 budget.
The new DoD secretary will need to concentrate on military spending cuts and withdrawing troops from the Middle East, according to Lawrence Korb, a former assistant secretary of defense under President Reagan.
The House voted on a spending bill that will slash the Food and Drug Administration's budget by nearly 12 percent.
Falling budgets have agencies considering extreme measures.
Executives are expected to find significant cost reductions, work to improve program operations, achieve results and respond to increased measures of accountability. We get tips from Deloitte's Janet Hale.
The contractors have been snatching up small cybersecurity firms.
The House Appropriations Committee has approved the $649 billion spending budget for the Defense Department.