Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: budget
Todd Harrison, senior fellow at the Center for Strategic and Budgetary Assessments, joined the Federal Drive with Tom Temin and Amy Morris to discuss how deficit-reduction proposals would affect military recruiting.
The Partnership for Public Service's new report warns the United States "must not repeat the mistakes of the past" with automatic across-the-board cuts.
On today's Federal Drive: A shutdown looms larger as the Senate prepares to debate a continuing resolution and DHS officials said they are committed to the headquarters consolidation effort underway at St. Elizabeth's even as funding appears uncertain.
The Homeland Security Department remains committed to consolidating its headquarters on the campus of a former mental hospital in Washington despite receiving less construction money than anticipated. Officials from DHS, the Coast Guard and the General Services Administration reaffirmed their plans to a House subcommittee. The Coast Guard plans to move first, in 2013.
Tags: Coast Guard , house subcommittee on the coast guard and maritime , DHS , GSA , don bathurst , frank lobiondo , Robert Peck , john currier , Emily Kopp , house subcommittee on the coast guard and maritime , St. Elizabeth , House Subcommittee on the Coast Guard and Maritime
Deep budget cuts would hurt special operations forces and make it difficult to meet demands for those units on missions beyond the current war zones, the commander of the military's elite troops told Congress on Thursday.
Berry said he thinks feds will continue to donate at high levels in future drives, despite a two-year pay freeze and other proposals that could cut their pay and benefits
A House subcommittee markup of a bill to address the Postal Service's financial problems broke down along partisan lines. Democrats accused Republicans of using this legislation to weaken labor provisions. Republicans said Democrats would prefer bailing out the agency rather than making it sustainable. The bill now goes to the full House Oversight and Governmental Reforms Committee.