Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: budget
The shuttle program has five missions left, and questions remain about how Americans will return to space after the shuttles stop flying in September. An even more down to earth consideration is what will happen to jobs at NASA now that the president is directing the agency to buy rides on privately-owned space ships.
SystemWare's clientele includes the Department of Defense, federal agencies and members of the intelligence community. The company, based in Camarillo, Calif., makes systems that help users monitor and detect cybersecurity and physical security issues.
Approximately 300 GPO employees are needed to produce the 10 pound Budget.
Susan Irving, GAO's director for federal budget analysis, has details of the report on the government's fast-approaching debt limit.
House GOP are outlining a 2012 budget that aims to cut spending to less than 2008 levels.
President Obama's newly released federal Budget for fiscal year 2011 has a number of "tall orders": spurring job creation, curbing fiscal spending, and reducing the federal deficit, all at the same time.
The administration proposes to decrease the governmentwide technology budget by 1.6 percent over the 2010 enacted funding. White House also zeroes out funding for OPM's Retirement Systems Modernization program in 2011. OMB also plans to create centralized IT services around data centers, cloud computing and other areas.
Tags: technology , OMB , White House , GSA , DoD , OPM , retirement system modernization , 2011 budget request , e-government , cloud computing , data center consolidation , Web 2.0 , cybersecurity , Challenge platform , Geospatial information
Congressional Democrats have begun the task of codifying into federal law "PayGo", rules that mandate an equivalent cut in spending in one area to compensate for an increase in spending elsewhere. The President has proposed the action to trim the budget, but opponents say recent stimulus and financial bailout spending make them wary of the idea.
Sometime around the end of May, Coast Guard Commandant Adm. Thad Allen will hand over the reins of the service to his successor. During his four-year tour, Allen has helped oversee the Coast Guard at a time of transition. He talked about it in his final "State of the Coast Guard" speech at the National Press Club.