Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: budget
Senior Correspondent Mike Causey brings us his take.
Office of Management and Budget director Peter Orszag says he has expedited the review over allegations that a career budget examiner threatened a budget employee in the Office of Personnel Management inspector general's office.
The shuttle program has five missions left, and questions remain about how Americans will return to space after the shuttles stop flying in September. An even more down to earth consideration is what will happen to jobs at NASA now that the president is directing the agency to buy rides on privately-owned space ships.
SystemWare's clientele includes the Department of Defense, federal agencies and members of the intelligence community. The company, based in Camarillo, Calif., makes systems that help users monitor and detect cybersecurity and physical security issues.
Approximately 300 GPO employees are needed to produce the 10 pound Budget.
Susan Irving, GAO's director for federal budget analysis, has details of the report on the government's fast-approaching debt limit.
House GOP are outlining a 2012 budget that aims to cut spending to less than 2008 levels.
President Obama's newly released federal Budget for fiscal year 2011 has a number of "tall orders": spurring job creation, curbing fiscal spending, and reducing the federal deficit, all at the same time.
The administration proposes to decrease the governmentwide technology budget by 1.6 percent over the 2010 enacted funding. White House also zeroes out funding for OPM's Retirement Systems Modernization program in 2011. OMB also plans to create centralized IT services around data centers, cloud computing and other areas.
Tags: technology , OMB , White House , GSA , DoD , OPM , retirement system modernization , 2011 budget request , e-government , cloud computing , Data center consolidation , Web 2.0 , cybersecurity , Challenge platform , Geospatial information