Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: budget
The Census Bureau plans to close half of its regional offices in its first realignment of field offices in 50 years. The change could affect more than 300 employees. Agency leaders expect to save up to $18 million dollars per year under the plan.
In a letter to the Office of Personnel Management, the head of the government's watchdog committee said the U.S. Postal Service's decision to halt contributions to employees' retirement fund sets a "dangerous precedent" for other cash-strapped agencies.
These are the stories Federal News Radio reporters are working on today.
A number of functions will move out of the Social Security Administration's (SSA) Office of the Chief Information Officer, according to an email obtained by Federal News Radio. SSA is looking for ways to address funding reductions in its 2011 budget.
The new DoD secretary will need to concentrate on military spending cuts and withdrawing troops from the Middle East, according to Lawrence Korb, a former assistant secretary of defense under President Reagan.
The House voted on a spending bill that will slash the Food and Drug Administration's budget by nearly 12 percent.
Falling budgets have agencies considering extreme measures.
Executives are expected to find significant cost reductions, work to improve program operations, achieve results and respond to increased measures of accountability. We get tips from Deloitte's Janet Hale.
The contractors have been snatching up small cybersecurity firms.