Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- Improving Healthcare Outcomes through IT Policy
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: budget
Linda Brooks Rix, Co-CEO of AVUE Technologies, joins host Derrick Dortch for a discussion of how the budget battle is affecting federal hiring and concerns she has about the Office of Personnel Management.
March 25, 2011 (Encore presentation April 1, 2011)
Career coach Kathryn Troutman of the Resume Place discusses the current federal hiring outlook and how to land a federal job.
March 25, 2011
Based on new figures, the military expects to spend more than three times what DHS is requesting for cyber operations.
The Postal Service will offer $20,000 early retirement incentives to administrative employees, who must make a decision on whether to leave USPS by late April. RIF notices will be issued on May 25 to any affected employees who do not voluntarily retire or move to a lower grade.
Federal Times' Steve Watkins and Steve Losey discuss the likelihood of bills targeting federal employees will have enough votes to pass.
The Center for Strategic and Budgetary Assessments, in an analysis this month, estimated that the Libyan no-fly zone could cost $100 million to $300 million per week. The Hill's Sam Youngman puts those numbers into perspective for us.
Focusing on these five strategies could help federal managers deal with budget constraints and low morale in the workplace.
WFED's Mike Causey analyzes some of the proposed cuts to federal pay and benefits.
More agencies are using content management system Drupal to build a web presence that aligns with their mission goals.
Five ways federal managers can handle these difficult times, from the Partnership for Public Service's John Palguta.