Shows & Panels
Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- American Readiness: Renewable Power and Efficiency Technologies
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal News Radio's National Cyber Security Awareness Month Special Panel Discussion
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: budget
As students in the Washington, D.C., area prepare to head back to school, parents worry about paying for school supplies in the midst of the economy.
Montgomery County Executive Ike Leggett has agreed to cut firefighter physical fitness costs from the budget in order to give some emergency workers a pay raise.
Montgomery County Police feel that budget cuts hurt police more than anyone else in the county. Walter Bader, with Police Union FOP Lodge #35, complains that police are having to do less with more, and will be furloughed while school employees will not.
Tags: Montgomery County Police Department , Montgomery County Council , Walter Bader , Dr. Jerry Weast , ike leggett , Educational Facilities Officers , Joseph Lowery , James Hubert High School , Springbrook High School , Nancy Floreen , Kate Ryan
The Montgomery County Council has been saying for months the 2011 budget would have everyone feeling the pain. That assessment appears to be right on the money.
Tags: Montgomery County Council , layoffs , furloughs , ambulance fees , libraries , Nancy Floreen , Maryland General Assembly , teacher pension , Montgomery County Public Schools , Dr. Jerry Weast , phil andrews , Mike Knapp , Kate Ryan
Sheriff Chuck Jenkins, who is seeking re-election, said he has saved money by eliminating the training of new recruits at the Frederick County training academy on Reichs Ford Road
But the budget calls for higher taxes and more fees.
D.C. councilman Jim Graham has introduced a bill that would raise the city's gas tax by 10 cents in order to fund Metro's daily costs.
Board of Education members met Tuesday with the Board of County Commissioners to discuss a number of fallout budget issues caused by the economic recession
Dissatisfaction with layoffs of city employees marred the Frederick Board of Aldermen's budget workshop Tuesday.
Federal workers, receiving even modest pay increases at a time when many Americans are just trying to hold on to their jobs, now fall into the category of high income earners.