Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: bruce moyer
Congress unanimously passed the Civilian Service Recognition Act in late 2011, allowing agency heads to present an American flag to federal employees killed in the line of duty as the result of a crime, terrorism or natural disaster. But OPM has lagged in implementing regulations.
Sens. Ben Cardin (D-Md.) and Brian Schatz (D-Hawaii) introduced the Federal Adjustment of Income Rates (FAIR) Act Friday, calling for a 3.3 percent pay increase for federal employees for calendar year 2015. Federal employee union leaders praised the proposal, which would raise feds' pay more than the 1 percent President Barack Obama introduced in his 2015 budget proposal. The bill is similar to one introduced in March by House Democrats.
Tags: Ben Cardin , Brian Schatz , FAIR Act , Senate , pay increase , pay , pay & benefits , budget , J. David Cox Sr. , Joseph Beaudoin , NTEU , AFGE , NARFE , Colleen Kelley , Federal Postal Coalition , Bruce Moyer
Debra Roth hosts a roundtable discussion of how sequestration has affected the judicial branch, justice, and the rule of law.
August 23, 2013
Tags: workforce , DoD , sequestration , furloughs , budget battle , Department of Justice , Debra Roth , Shaw Bransford & Roth , Bryan Polisuk , Merit Systems Protection Board , Bruce Moyer , NAAUSA , Michael Nachmanoff , federal public defenders , Federal Public Defender in Virginia , Fed Talk , Federal Bar Association
Digital Strategies Director Rob Roberts talks about the Department of Energy's Internet efforts. Rep. Jackie Speier (D-Calif.) discusses the Congressional Watchdog Caucus. Dr. Don Moore of the National Zoo talks elephants. The Federal Bar Association's Bruce Moyer talks about the impact of sequestration on the federal courts. Cameron Leuthy of Bloomberg Government discusses sequestration. Prof. Michael Schmitt of the U.S. Naval War College discusses a new cyber war handbook. GAO's David Maurer talks about the Department of Homeland Security's high-risk list.
Many in government are worried about the threat of sequestration, the across-the-board budget cuts set to take effect in January unless Congress and the White come up with an alternative deficit-cutting plan. But federal employee groups and sympathetic lawmakers are also concerned about such alternatives -- if they contain changes to federal employee pay or compensation. Rep. Chris Van Hollen (D-Md.) and a slate of federal-employee unions and groups are warning of such proposals in the deficit talks to replace sequestration.
Jenny Mattingley hosts of roundtable discussion of legislation pending in Congress that affect federal workers.
August 24, 2012
Tags: workforce , Congress , Congressional recess , federal retirement , pay freeze , budget battle , sequestration , Jenny Mattingley , Bruce Moyer , National association of postal supervisors , National Association of Assistant U.S. Attorneys , Maureen Gilman , NTEU , Jessica Klement , NARFE , Shaw Bransford & Roth , Fed Talk
Bruce Moyer, spokesman for the Federal-Postal Coalition, joined Your Turn with Mike Causey to discuss the group's efforts to learn information about what a government default would mean for federal employees. The coalition, made up of scores of federal groups, sent a letter to administration officials last week seeking information about a possible shutdown, federal furloughs and the impact of a default on the assets of the G Fund of the Federal Employees' Retirement System.