Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: border security
On this week's Capital Impact show, Bloomberg Government analysts will discuss the environmental impact of airlines emissions, and how the so-called "border surge" amendment will boost border security spending.
August 15, 2013
Tags: acquisition , airlines , emissions , Environment Issues , air travel , sequestration , immigration reform , contracting , Allen Scott , Matthew Hummer , Megan McArdle , Bloomberg View , Bloomberg Government , Capital Impact
This week on the Capital Impact radio show, Bloomberg Government examines the law that requires the Defense Department to buy American when outfitting troops. Plus, which contractors will benefit the most from passage of an immigration bill?
Fred Burton, vice president for Intelligence at STRATFOR will talk about U.S. border protection efforts.
June 22, 2012(Encore presentation June 29, 2012)
Watch or listen to this program on demand below
Originally aired August 10th at 3:05pm
Governorship prepared her well for DHS challenges
Tags: management , Janet Napolitano , DHS House Homeland Security Committee , James Carafano , Michele Mrdeza , Brian Jackson , Heritage , MXM Consulting , RAND , information sharing , Action directives , acquisition
The border security program continues to experience delays. Secretary Napolitano calls for reassessment to make sure program is meeting agency's needs. DHS will not move forward with any new SBInet deployments in the near future.
Tags: security , technology , Mark Borkowski , Janet Napolitano , Bennie Thompson , Mark Souder , DHS , CBP , House Homeland Security Committee , Boeing , Heritage Foundation , Jena Baker-McNeil , SBINet ,
Narco-traffickers have found a new source of profit. Current and former U.S. government officials say they're helping international terrorists try to penetrate the U.S. borders.
After months of complaints from immigrant advocates, the Obama administration promised in August that immigration authorities would start focusing their scarce resources on finding and deporting serious criminals.