Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: bike lanes
For John Farrell of Chevy Chase, Md., every day is Bike to Work Day.
Alice Swanson died two years ago of what cycling advocates call a "right hook" -- when a vehicle turns right into a bike lane.
WTOP first reported that the D.C. Department of Transportation wasn't happy with the design of those new bike lanes between 15th and 3rd streets on Pennsylvania Avenue NW. Now changes are being made that will essentially make the bike lanes skinnier.
A prominent auto group is calling the D.C. Department of Transportation's decision to make major changes to new bike lanes on Pennsylvania Avenue a good thing.
Tight budgets are forcing transportation leaders to make some tough choices about what regional projects should move forward and which ones will be delayed or possibly even canceled.
Tags: District Department of Transportation , DDOT , VDOT , Maryland State Highway Administration , Virginia Department of Transportation , Capital Beltway , Interstate 495 , Route 7 , Dulles Toll Road , Route 1 , Greenbelt , Father Hurley Boulevard , Wisteria Drive , Germantown Road , Columbia Pike , Sligo Creek Parkway , streetcars