Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: best practices
Agencies are measuring their progress towards hiring reforms and implementing technology to track applications and identify bottlenecks. Those are some of the best practices shared in a memo from the Office of Personnel Management. Overall, it said, agencies are progressing toward the governmentwide goal of filling vacancies in 80 days or less.
Steve Kempf, Commissioner of the Federal Acquisition Service, joined with Francis Rose to discuss ways agencies could meet their goals to cut inefficient spending.
A new report from the Partnership for Public Service and IBM's Public Sector Business Analytics and Optimization Practice points to the importance of analytics in measuring agency performance. But the report emphasizes that data collection is only the first step in turning facts and figures into usable information.
The annual rankings can serve as a recruiting tool for agencies, said Tim McManus, vice president for education and outreach at the Partnership.
A new report details how seven technology projects worth $5 billion found success. Auditors found program manager and user engagement is the one every initiative had in common.
Tags: technology , acquisition , contracting , project management , GAO , OMB , 25-point IT reform plan , Susan Collins , Tom Carper , Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Committee , Information Technology Investment Management Act of 2011 , jason miller
The Office of Personnel Management has published an onboarding framework that agencies can use to ease the new-job jitters for members of the Senior Executive Service. Thorough orientation can increase retention, said OPM deputy associate director Steve Shih.
Brand Niemann, director and senior scientist at Semantic Community, compiled his four lessons for keeping your dashboard on target.
Tim McManus is the vice president for Education and Outreach at Partnership for Public Service.
James VanAntwerp is the winner of the Federal Managers Association's Federal Manager of the year award.
John Palguta, the vice president for policy at the Partnership for Public Service, told the Federal Drive with Tom Temin and Amy Morris that ultimately poor performers, whether they are entry-level employees or top-level managers are held accountable.