Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: best practices
John Palguta, the vice president for policy at the Partnership for Public Service, joined the Federal Drive with Tom Temin to discuss how federal managers can prepare themselves and their employees.
The Association of Government Accountants is calling on the government to change how it finds and hires chief operating officers. AGA said better hires should lead to better program performance. And despite finding a number of shortcomings, AGA said performance improvement is working across the government.
Customs and Board Protection recently signed an agreement to adopt a program developed by the Labor Department that facilities the hiring of individuals with disabilities.
Bill Dougan, the president of the National Federation of Federal Employees, joined In Depth with Francis Rose to discuss the importance of federal labor-management forums and why they could hang in the balance.
Bob Behn, a lecturer at Harvard University's John F. Kennedy School of Government, chairs the executive education program. He joined In Depth with Francis Rose to discuss going for the big goals. He cited efforts by the VA and HUD to end veterans' homelessness as an example.
President Barack Obama has promised to end homelessness among veterans within three years. He's made it a high-priority goal, challenging agencies to meet it without additional resources or laws. Officials say they're on track thanks to a unique collaboration between two agencies and dozens of local partners is focusing on the toughest cases.
Managers who responded to a recent survey worry that too many barriers, such as politics and ineffective communication, threaten the ability of interagency collaboration to help their agencies achieve mission success. But there are signs that agencies are trying to overcome the challenges in the face of increased budget pressure.
Cmdr. Dianna Wolfson is the project superintendent at the Norfolk Naval Shipyard for the USS Newport News Engineered Overhaul, describes tool sharing program that saves time and money.
Helena Sims, the director of Intergovernmental Relations at the Association of Government Accountants, told In Depth with Francis Rose that agencies can face a variety of fraud and it's often difficult to detect all the "red flags." A new online toolkit created by the AGA aims to help agencies tackle fraud.
Eileen Cassidy Rivera, a senior health marketing strategist for Keegan Silver, joined In Depth with Francis Rose to discuss her tips for building a better contracting brand.