Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: best practices
During the recent February blizzards, the federal government closed for a record four and a half days. But some agencies were able to keep working, even though many of their workers were stranded in their homes by 4-foot plus snow drifts. Now, officials are taking stock of how teleworking made it possible to keep the part of the government running in spite of the weather.
SBA awarded a contract to the KauffmanRAND Institute for Entrepreneurship Public Policy (RAND) to complete a revised study of the availability and utilization of WomenOwned Small Businesses in prime contracts. In the study, RAND computed disparity ratios in twentyeight different ways.
Agencies are opening up more and more contracts to other agencies, making for an alphabet soup of acronyms for agencies and vendors.
Fraud and improper payments are on the hit list at agencies across government. One Senate committee is looking at how it's done.
The Administration has set four goals for its Open Government effort, calling them the "cornerstone of an open government."
The Defense Department is on track to transition the majority of its more than 220,000 civilian employees out of the National Security Personnel System by Sept. 30, more than a year ahead of deadline.
NNSA and FBI have jointly developed a comprehensive training curriculum that incorporates both the radiation detection and law enforcement aspects of interdicting illicit trafficking in nuclear and other radioactive materials. The curriculum is designed around the use of fixed and mobile radiation detection equipment.
"Continuing commitment to information technology" earns kudos from leader of Bush administration's IT operation.
Trusted Computer Solutions COO delves into cybersecurity, acquisition, and more.