Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: best practices
A new blog's goal is to raise the profile of some of the best publications from the Federal Government, past and present. Davita Vance Cooks, Managing Director of Publication & Information Sales for GPO explains.
Out of a total of approximately 5,300 PTO staffers who have both the authorization and the technical capability to telework, 91 staffers telework three days a week; 165 work two days a week from home; 2,700 who work from home one day a week; and finally 2,300 staff who are "hotelers", who do the majority of their work from their homes, and only come into PTO headquarters once a week or once every two weeks. Danette Campbell, the senior telework advisor at PTO, explains.
Agencies will have defined benchmarks to hit for training current and future managers.
Despite the severity of cyberthreats, the international community has not come to agreement on how best to deal with them. EWI's Worldwide Cybersecurity Summit will work to fill this gap, bringing together leaders from the public and private sectors to reframe cybersecurity concerns and to devise collective strategies to address them. Vartan Sarkissian Director of the Worldwide Cybersecurity Initiative explains.
We continue our series on the Defense Value Engineering Achievement Awards with a look at Littoral Combat Ship Mission Modules with program manager, Capt. Michael Good.
Assessments show that we are off to a good start--but have much more work to do as we transition our overall efforts towards effective agency implementation. U.S. Chief Technology Officer, Aneesh Chopra explains.
More from this hearing on using funds for specialty and incentive pay instead of across-the-board pay raises.
Some of the federal government's top web managers and producers are seeing some new, cutting edge tools.
Tags: In Depth , management , technology , Web 2.0 , Gov 2.0 , government 2.0 , Bev Godwin , GSA , Federal Center for New Media and Citizen Engagemen , 2010 Government Web and New Media Conference , Dan Munz , IdeaSpace , Section 508 , Open Government Initiative , Andrea Sigritz , terms of service , Facebook , Twitter , Tiffany Smith , State Department , FedSpace , Go.USA.gov , Gwynne Kostin , Max Cacas , #govnewmedia
House Transportation subcommittee asked for updates from program head, Transportation IG, and GAO.
The FBI's establishment of the Resource Planning Office has helped to manage personnel resources and ensure those resources are aligned with the FBI's strategic goals. David Schlendorf, acting assistant director of the Resource Planning Office explains how it works.