Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: best practices
Chairman says government buying power should be saving taxpayers money; instead, dollars are wasted because of implementation delays.
Senate subcommittee looks at Stafford Act and how it may need some reform.
Current federal regulations are fairly explicit on the kinds of federal agency records that must be kept by law. But what happens when the law hasn't kept up with changes in communications in the Internet age? A government attorney who has helped almost every federal agency comply with records management regulations addresses a recent National Archives conference.
We meet the CDC fed awarded for her "spirit of innovation and ‘get it done' mindset" - Nancy Norton, a contracting officer and team leader for the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention's Procurement and Grants Office.
Over a year ago, the U.S. Army, and other branches of the military, were experimenting with the use of the virtual worlds social media site "Second Life" as a recruitment tool. Since that time, the military has branched out into using virtual worlds technology as a tool for collaboration. Now, civilian branches of government are looking to do the same thing. Federal News Radio's Max Cacas has our exclusive coverage of the Third annual Federal Consortium for Virtual Worlds Conference, which concludes today at the National Defense University here in D.C..
Tags: technology , virtual worlds , Second Life , Federal Consortium for Virtual Worlds Conference , Army , Douglas Maxwell , U.S. Army Simulation and Training Center , MilLands , Paulette Robinson , iCollege , NDU , Barrack Obama , USDA , Max Cacas
The concept of doing "even more with even less" is a step beyond "doing more with less." Lisa Mascolo of Accenture has some ideas for doing it.
The Obama Administration believes that one of the major planks of an open and transparent government is the ready access to public information by citizens. One of the top federal officials involved in managing the federal government's rules and regulations says those who maintain the government's paper and electronic records are the "backbone of a transparent and open government."
VP/Federal on performance-based contracting; prime/sub relationships; "inherently governmental"; and objections on cloud computing and data center consolidation.
Getting good results from your team is becoming more important with the administration's emphasis on results.
GSA officials are squarely behind the new Administrator's priority list.