Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: automatic enrollment
Federal employees could soon be seeing a lot less of the G Fund in their Thrift Savings plan accounts. Instead of being automatically enrolled solely in government securities, new plan participants would be shifted to an age-appropriate Lifecycle, or L, Fund as their default investing option under a proposal approved by the Federal Retirement Thrift Investment Board Monday. The proposal ultimately requires action by Congress.
Required minimum distributions have been eliminated for 2009 and new FERS employees no longer have to wait for employer contributions.
TSP board debating enrolling undeclared participants in G or L funds
Tom Trabucco of the Federal Thrift Investment Board joins the DorobekINSIDER with the latest figures of Aug.-Oct. 2010 on automatic enrollment.
Tom Trabucco, the director of External Affairs at the Thrift Savings Plan, gave Federal News Radio an update on TSP's automatic enrollment plan.
The Thrift Savings Plan is often lauded as the best retirement plan in the country. But there's still some confusion about who's eligible for the TSP and how it works.
This week, Greg Long and Tom Trabucco of the Federal Retirement Thrift Investment Board take your questions about automatic enrollment in the TSP.
August 2, 2010
The process starts next week, and Tom Trabucco of the Federal Retirement Thrift Investment Board tells DorobekInsider all you need to know when the change happens. Also, learn why it will benefit all TSP participants.
Automatic enrollment starts Aug. 1.