Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: audit
Some local drivers who should have had their licenses revoked recently were mistakenly allowed to stay behind the wheel, a recent transportation department report says, and customers' financial information was not properly secured.
According to a GAO report, the Defense Department's finance systems are $6.9 billion over budget and 2 to twelve years behind schedule, NextGov reports.
The Virginia Department of Transportation failed to spend hundreds of millions of dollars as it deferred maintenance projects and shut rest stops, an audit concludes.
Being audited by the DCAA is a necessary outcome of doing business with the government. Tune into this week's Gov Con Straight Talk with Microsoft to learn what to expect during a DCAA system audit and what government contactors can do today to help ensure they successfully pass when faced with an audit. The panel will also address how CFOs of government contractors can set their organizations up for success by building a financial management foundation with growth options in out years.
Aired Wednesday, July 15th at 2:05pm
With the recent decision by the Federal government to move to a Cloud Computing environment, the role of verifying the identity of an authorized user as well as defining their rights once inside the cloud presents a series of opportunities as well as challenges.
Tags: technology , identity management , Access Control , Booz Allen , identity theft , privacy , Identity Data , smart card , Virtual Identity , Booz Allen Hamilton , intelligence , Federated , Federated Identity , SOA , Credential , Credentialing , Authorization , PKI , PACS , LACS , RBAC , information synchronization , HSPD-12 , authentication , identity , integration , synchronization , virtual , theft , authorize , authenticate , verification , verify , access , certificate , security certificate , single sign on , directory , provision , provisioning , virtual world , smartcard , IDM , IdAM , Logical Access , Physical Access , public key encryption , PIV , FIPS 201 , FIPS , ABAC , attribute , attribute retrieval service , auditing , logging , reporting , CAC , Common Access Card , compliance , delegated administration , entitlements management , entitlement , Federation , framework , metadirectory , password , proofing , risk based access control , rule based access control , RuBAC , self-service , virtual directory , workflow automation