Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: audit
Virginia's transportation secretary says personnel and policy changes are coming to the agency.
Some local drivers who should have had their licenses revoked recently were mistakenly allowed to stay behind the wheel, a recent transportation department report says, and customers' financial information was not properly secured.
According to a GAO report, the Defense Department's finance systems are $6.9 billion over budget and 2 to twelve years behind schedule, NextGov reports.
The Virginia Department of Transportation failed to spend hundreds of millions of dollars as it deferred maintenance projects and shut rest stops, an audit concludes.
Being audited by the DCAA is a necessary outcome of doing business with the government. Tune into this week's Gov Con Straight Talk with Microsoft to learn what to expect during a DCAA system audit and what government contactors can do today to help ensure they successfully pass when faced with an audit. The panel will also address how CFOs of government contractors can set their organizations up for success by building a financial management foundation with growth options in out years.
Aired Wednesday, July 15th at 2:05pm
With the recent decision by the Federal government to move to a Cloud Computing environment, the role of verifying the identity of an authorized user as well as defining their rights once inside the cloud presents a series of opportunities as well as challenges.
Tags: technology , identity management , Access Control , Booz Allen , identity theft , privacy , Identity Data , smart card , Virtual Identity , Booz Allen Hamilton , intelligence , Federated , Federated Identity , SOA , Credential , Credentialing , Authorization , PKI , PACS , LACS , RBAC , information synchronization , HSPD-12 , authentication , identity , integration , synchronization , virtual , theft , authorize , authenticate , verification , verify , access , certificate , security certificate , single sign on , directory , provision , provisioning , virtual world , smartcard , IDM , IdAM , Logical Access , Physical Access , public key encryption , PIV , FIPS 201 , FIPS , ABAC , attribute , attribute retrieval service , auditing , logging , reporting , CAC , Common Access Card , compliance , delegated administration , entitlements management , entitlement , Federation , framework , metadirectory , password , proofing , risk based access control , rule based access control , RuBAC , self-service , virtual directory , workflow automation