Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: apps.gov
Gwynne Kostin, GSA's Director of the Mobile Office of Citzen Services and Sitework President and founder Tim McLaughlin join host John Gilroy to talk about emerging mobile technologies and how they can make your job easier.
June 28, 2011
Apps.gov, the GSA’s cloud-based storefront, will soon offer storage, virtualization and Web hosting applications to government agencies. Vendors with an infrastructure-as-a-service contract will provide their services on the website. Apps.gov will alleviate the federal IT strain on storage, computing power and website hosting. The new cloud infrastructure will also eliminate the need for agencies to [...]
GSA is ramping up cloud computing, preparing the next two governmentwide contracts for cloud computing. Agency issues notice that a RFP could be issued by early 2011. GSA also considering geospatial platform-as-a-service offering later next year.
Tags: technology , Vivek Kundra , Dave McClure , OMB , GSA , cloud computing , geospatial information , e-mail-as-a-service , infrastructure-as-a-service , platform-as-a-service , FedRAMP , Jason Miller
Vendors still must go through the cybersecurity certification and accreditation process before they can offer these infrastructure services. This is the first award under the federal cloud computing initiative. All of these services will be available through the Apps.gov platform.
Agencies have been doing a lot of window shopping at a new government website.