Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: apps.gov
Gwynne Kostin, GSA's Director of the Mobile Office of Citzen Services and Sitework President and founder Tim McLaughlin join host John Gilroy to talk about emerging mobile technologies and how they can make your job easier.
June 28, 2011
Apps.gov, the GSA’s cloud-based storefront, will soon offer storage, virtualization and Web hosting applications to government agencies. Vendors with an infrastructure-as-a-service contract will provide their services on the website. Apps.gov will alleviate the federal IT strain on storage, computing power and website hosting. The new cloud infrastructure will also eliminate the need for agencies to [...]
GSA is ramping up cloud computing, preparing the next two governmentwide contracts for cloud computing. Agency issues notice that a RFP could be issued by early 2011. GSA also considering geospatial platform-as-a-service offering later next year.
Tags: technology , Vivek Kundra , Dave McClure , OMB , GSA , cloud computing , Geospatial information , e-mail-as-a-service , infrastructure-as-a-service , platform-as-a-service , FedRAMP , Jason Miller
Vendors still must go through the cybersecurity certification and accreditation process before they can offer these infrastructure services. This is the first award under the federal cloud computing initiative. All of these services will be available through the Apps.gov platform.
Agencies have been doing a lot of window shopping at a new government website.