Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: analytics
Bill Cull, vice president Public Sector for Splunk, joins host John Gilroy to talk about how his company can help you monitor and manage your IT systems.
April 9, 2013
Tags: technology , log management , dynamic systems management , Security Events Incident Managment Services , Splunk , Bill Cull , Oracle , big data , hadoop , cloud computing , Splunk Live! , John Gilroy , Federal Tech Talk
Dave Waltermire, security automation architect, Computer Security Division, at NIST, will talk about the upcoming conference and security automaton.
September 25, 2012
Tags: technology , cybersecurity , National Cybersecurity Awareness Month , security automation , NIST , Security IT Automation Conference , David Waltermire , software assurance , incident response , trusted computing , John Gilroy , Federal Tech Talk
IBM and the FAA are working together on a Research and Development project to protect the nation's civilian aviation system from the ever-growing threat of cyber attacks. CTO of IBM U.S. federal, Dave McQueeney, explains.
The technology behind the IBM supercomputer Watson beating human contestants on Jeopardy! could drive Gov 2.0 initiatives and help agencies deliver services more efficiently.
October 20th, 2010 at 11 AM
The application of knowledge discovery within the cloud is immensely powerful, but not inbuilt. We are collectively moving past the question of "what is cloud computing", and swiftly moving towards "how does the cloud enable advanced analysis against massive volumes of data?" With industry and government leveraging multiple clouds, how do we successfully share and search large collections of data across systems, departments, and geographies? Organizations will continue to discuss and better understand the analytic power and economies of cloud computing, in the sense of data storage, sharing, and management; but we are quickly discovering that creating knowledge from data is more than just a discussion of technology. It's a discussion of what can be accomplished when massive data and cloud computing efficiencies combine to make advanced analysis and innovation possible.
Tags: technology , Booz Allen Distinguished Speaker Series , cloud , cloud computing , Michael Byrne , Jeff Jonas , David Mihelcic , DISA , Chris Nissen , Mike Olson , Cloudera , MITRE , IBM , FCC , big data , Massive Data , data management , Chris Kelly , data models , IT
VP and General Manager
July 14, 2009
(Reairs August 18th, 2009)