Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: al-Qaida
With recent revelations that al-Qaida may have been targeting rail systems in the U.S., Metro General Manager Richard Sarles is expressing a vote of confidence in his police chief to keep riders safe.
A high-profile senator is calling for stricter security for train travel in the wake of intelligence discoveries following Osama bin Laden's death.
The U.S. military is turning a piece of Pentagon rubble into a reminder of how the armed services responded to the Sept. 11 attack on the Defense Department headquarters.
Tags: James McJunkin , pentagon , Pentagon stone , American Airlines Flight 77 , Military District of Washington , John Perren , National Capital Response Squad , Arlington County Fire Department , Leonard Hatton ,
On the day D.C. Public Schools reopened after 29 schools received letters containing white powder, the FBI confirms six new suspicious letters are under investigation.
Thomas Kean, former chairman of the 9/11 Commission and former governor of New Jersey
J.J. Green, WTOP national security correspondent
There is growing proof of a link between narco-traffickers and al-Qaida after international authorities have discovered a scheme that's been flying under the radar.
Tags: Peru , Lima , India , Pakistan , Peruvian Financial Intelligence Unit , Brazil , Argentina , Paraguay , Hezbollah , Hamas , drug cartels , Spectre Group International , Mike Braun , Drug Enforcement Administration , J.J. Green , JJ Green
A former U.S covert intelligence officer tells J.J. Green, al-Qaida is working very hard to organize a distance learning program and in a couple of years it could achieve its goal.
Air cargo and aviation threats against the United States.
Tags: Transportation Security Administration , John Pistole , Transportation Security Operations Center , Assistant to the President for Homeland Security a , John Brennan , Robert Gibbs , Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab , underwear bomber , al-Qaida in the Arabian Peninsula , J.J. Green , Andrew Arena , Hezbollah , Ron Reddy , Shia
Many are wondering if there are more serious threats to the nation's capital.