Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: airport security
Peter Kant of Rapiscan Systems says his company's see-through technology could prevent the next terrorist armed with explosives from boarding an airplane.
The question that an event like this leaves is if this kind of event can take place in the airport, what's to say the payoffs don't extend to the baggage checkers and cargo handlers?
Rafi Sela has created a Trust Based Security System, a security program created to observe and screen people's behavior in order to rule out those who only have the intent to fly for travel purposes.
With one week until the holiday travel season begins, hearings are being held on airport screenings, including new pat-down techniques and full body scanners. Bob Cusack, managing editor of The Hill and John Adler, President of FLEOA join us with their takes.
A survey by the Air Travelers Association finds most people are satisfied with airport security and have not changed their travel plans because of it.
Tags: full body scanners , Richard Reid , Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab , Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport , Baltimore Washington International Thurgood Marsha , Travel Leaders , vacations , business travel , Hank Silverberg