Shows & Panels
Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- American Readiness: Renewable Power and Efficiency Technologies
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal News Radio's National Cyber Security Awareness Month Special Panel Discussion
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: acquistion
On the In Depth show blog, you can listen to the interviews, find more information about the guests on the show each day and links to additional resources.
The Veterans Affairs Department will award a $5 billion IT hardware contract in the next two months. GSA will release a request for information for cybersecurity tools in the coming days. Both are examples of a healthy and busy fourth quarter for acquisition.
Tags: technology , contractors , industry , contracting , GSA , Peter Burr , Transportation Department , Multiple Award Government and Industry Conference , cybersecurity , Multiple award contracts , budget , Jason Miller , Veterans Affairs
Avinash Kar of the Natural Resources Defense Council discusses an FDA decision on cattle feeding processes. Attorney Joseph Petrillo offers his perspective on burgeoning bid protests. GAO's Bill Woods talks about GSA's reliance on "dun" numbers. Jamison Cush discusses Microsoft's new tablet device. Charles Scoville works with amputee veterans.
Bob Lam, a former partner with Accenture's Worldwide Public Services business practice, offers his take on how agencies could improve the acquisition process for vendors. Lam spent 30 years in the federal market. He says agencies need to better understand vendor processes and improve communication.
BGov Analyst Brian Friel spoke to The Federal Drive with Tom Temin and Emily Kopp about Bloomberg Government's top 200 government contractors list.
New legislation aims to implement some recommendations of the Commission on Wartime Contracting. Includes provisions that would automatically suspend contractors accused of wrongdoing in overseas contingency scenarios.
Tags: DoD , Congress , Senate , Commission on Waretime Contracting , industry , contingency contracting , State Department , USAID , Claire McCaskill , James Webb , suspension and debarment , Past performance , Professional Services Council , Stan Soloway , Frank Kendall , Jared Serbu
Host Roger Waldron is joined by Jon Etherton of Etherton and Associates. They will discuss the outlook for congressional budget negotiations.
October 18, 2011 (Encore presentation November 1, 2011 and November 22, 2011)
Tags: contracting , Jon Etherton , Etherton and Associates , budget battle , procurement , Commission on Wartime Contracting , DoD , Better Buying Initiative , Roger Waldron , Off the Shelf , Coalition for Government Procurement