Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: acquistion
Fiscal 2013 was a banner year for small business contractors. For the first time in almost a decade, agencies awarded 23 percent of all available contracts to small firms. Federal News Radio's Executive Editor Jason Miller joined Tom Temin and Emily Kopp on the Federal Drive with details on how the government met its small business contracting goal. Read Jason's related article.
Former Deputy Defense Secretary Bill Lynn says the Pentagon needs to adjust its strategy to take advantage of the global and commercial technology markets.
Kevin Plexico, vice president of Research for Deltek and GovWin, joins host Mark Amtower to talk about what's ahead for the GovCon market the rest of this year and in 2015.
June 9, 2014
John Hillen, executive in residence and professor of practice at George Mason University's School of Management will discuss the growth of the GovCon services market.
June 3, 2014
Bill Gormley, president of the Gormley Group and chairman of the Coalition for Government Procurement discusses innovation, contract duplication, and other issues with host Roger Waldron.
May 27, 2014
Anne Altman, general manager of Federal Government for IBM, will discuss a wide range of contracting topics with host Mark Amtower.
May 19, 2014
Bloomberg Government analyst Brian Friel will talk about last year's largest multiple award contracts and trends in contract usage for big Macs.
April 22, 2014
Federal News Radio Executive Editor Jason Miller joins host Mark Amtower to talk about a number of Federal IT issues.
December 9, 2013
Tags: contracting , technology , federal IT , information technology , cloud computing , cybersecurity , IT acquisition , continuous monitoring , mobile technology , big data , data analytics , shared services , FITARA , Jason Miller , Federal News Radio , Ask the CIO , Mark Amtower , Amtower Off Center , BYOD
Jon Etherton, president of Etherton and Associates, Inc., joins host Roger Waldron for a wide ranging discussion of the issues affecting contractors.
December 3, 2013
Tags: procurement , procurement climate , HealthCare.gov , NDAA , FITERA , GSA schedules , Jon Etherton , Etherton and Associates , Roger Waldron , Off the Shelf , Coalition for Government Procurement
The agency issues a request for quotes to Schedule 70 vendors to provide 10 different software and services.