Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: acquisition workforce
Shay Assad, the Defense Department's director of defense pricing, and Dick Ginman, the Pentagon's director of defense procurement and acquisition policy, join host Roger Waldron to talk about their new roles.
June 7, 2011 - (Encore presentation June 21, 2011)
Tags: contracting , defense acquisition , Defense Department , Pentagon , Shay Assad , Dick Ginman , Roger Waldron , Off the Shelf , Coalition for Government Procurement , DoD Report , Suzanne Kubota , acquisition policy ,
FAI, DAU teaming together to provide contracting officers and others training and tools.
GSA Chief Acquisition Officer Mindy Connolly, discusses GSA's acquisition workforce, the Myth-Busters campaign, and sustainability in government procurement.
May 31, 2011
Agencies asked 125 annuitants for help last year with Army leading the way, bringing 44 retired federal workers back to help with acquisition processes.
Tags: contracting , pay and benefits , Dan Gordon , OFPP , Army , Air Force , DHS , USDA , annuitants , Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs , House Oversight and Government Reform Committee , Jason Miller
Al Burman, president of Jefferson Solutions and Chair of the Procurement Round Table, joins host Roger Waldron to talk about the work his group is doing.
May 10, 2011
Tags: contracting , procurement , Al Burman , Jefferson Solutions , Acquisition Advisory Panel , acquisition processes , Roger Waldron , Coalition for Government Procurement , Off the Shelf , Procurement Round Table
Shay Assad, director of the office of Defense Procurement and Acquisition Policy, told industry professionals Thursday that DoD would provide them with a clearer picture of what the Pentagon wants when it issues solicitations to industry. Past acquisition processes, he said, had forced vendors to guess what factors DoD thought were truly important.
Some administration officials fear the acquisition workforce can't properly manage government contracts. Dan Gordon said strengthening that workforce is OFPP's number one priority. He also said he wants to improve communication between government acquisition officers and industry.
A new memo from Dan Gordon, OFPP administrator, details hiring flexibilities and new tools for agencies.
The Defense Department wants its information technology projects to be developed in smaller, faster chunks that take no more than 18 months to deploy. One Air Force program executive officer says he's already doing it in 12 months.