Shows & Panels
Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- American Readiness: Renewable Power and Efficiency Technologies
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal News Radio's National Cyber Security Awareness Month Special Panel Discussion
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: acquisition workforce
Procurement chief Joe Jordan and SBA Administrator Karen Mills highlighted three long-time challenges in a new memo to senior agency officials. Agencies have until July 9 to detail steps they will take to address three areas.
With less money to work with, the military services has to think creatively in order to deploy its shrinking workforce.
The online, collaborative portal, managed by the Defense Acquisition University, features 400 articles on common defense acquisition topics. Each entry provides a definition, a brief narrative and links to policy guidance and other tools.
The industry association, the Coalition for Government Procurement, gave Sens. Joseph Lieberman (I-Conn.) and Susan Collins (R-Maine) its highest award for using common sense in dealing with federal procurement.
Disagreement persists over whether provisions in a new contracting bill will enhance oversight of overseas contracting during conflicts or create another bureaucratic layer that penalizes contractors.
Some of the biggest contracts for small businesses are awarded to companies that are not that small, according to a recent report from the American Small Business League. Brian Reeder, the league's communications director, joined In Depth with Francis Rose to discuss the report's findings.
Host Roger Waldron talks federal procurement with David Drabkin, corporate director for Acquisition Policy at the Northrop Grumman Corporation.
February 21, 2012
The personnel proposals included in the 2013 Defense Department budget include hikes to healthcare fees, cutbacks in both uniformed and civilian personnel. DoD also plans to save money through continued efficiencies and plans to increase the acquisition workforce.
Frank Kendall, DoD's acting acquisition chief, said the first version fell flat due to "interest groups" weakening it. He said Congress required the strategy to detail how the military will buy offensive and defensive cyber capabilities. It's part of a broader effort to fix the Pentagon's acquisition process.
Tags: acquisition , DoD , acquisition policy , industry , Better Buying Power initiative , performance management , Alan Chvotkin , Professional Services Council , cybersecurity , CSIS , Jason Miller , Frank Kendall
The House Armed Services Committee has held a series of hearings in recent months taking the temperature of industry and defense experts on the relationship between contractors and the Defense Department. Allan Burman, a former administrator of the Office of Federal Procurement Policy and now the president of Jefferson Consulting, testified before the panel. He joined In Depth with Francis Rose to discuss his testimony.