Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: acquisition reform
The House Armed Services Committee created a panel to figure out a way to reform the defense acquisition processes. Experts say reform may be difficult but it's also necessary given tight budgets and sequestration.
Tags: Dov Zakheim , Bill Greenwalt , In Depth , DoD , acquistion , acquisition workforce , Acquisition reform , House , House Armed Services Committee , Buck McKeon , Mac Thornberry , DHS , Michael OConnell
Big changes in the Coast Guard's acquisition shop are making life easier for their logistics team. The Guard's Jeff Orner and Mike Tangora explain.
2010 budget request details direction administration is heading
Tags: mngt , Peter Orzsag , Barack Obama , White House , OMB , DoD , DHS , Labor , SBA , VA , Census , GAO , IRS , Jon Desenberg , Performance Institute , PART , performance measurement , management agenda , Acquisition reform , 2010 budget
DoD authorization bill calls for all converted employees to return to GS system. Legislation also would suspend A-76 for three years.
Tags: pay & benefits , contracting , Rep. Ike Skelton , Rep. Jim Langevin , Rep. Susan Davis , Rep. Carol Shea-Porter , Robert Gates , DoD , House Armed Services Committee , NSPS , pay for performance , A-76 , Public-private competitions , Acquisition reform , pay raise , General Schedule system
Auditors say agencies spent $136 billion on cost type contracts in 2008, up $16 billion since 2003. OMB wants to cut the use of these contracts by 10 percent in 2010.
Tags: contracting , management , Jeffrey Zients , GAO , OMB , OFPP , Stan Soloway , Professional Services Council , Cost reimbursement contracts , Firms fixed price contracts , Acquisition reform , FPDS-NG
DoD inspector general finds continued audit quality problems. Senate committee says making DCAA independent should be considered.
Tags: contracting , Robert Hale , April Stephenson , Greg Kutz , Sen. Joseph Lieberman , Sen. Susan Collins , Sen. Tom Coburn , Gordon Heddell , DoD , DCAA , Senate Homeland Security and Government Affairs Co , GAO , inspector general , contract audits , Acquisition reform
Rep. Issa says acquisition reform must begin with defining inherently governmental. He also proposes to use third parties to help write contract requirements.
Tags: contracting , Rep. Darrell Issa , Jeff Liebman , OMB , Oversight and Government Reform Committee , Energy , DoD , U.S. Chamber of Commerce , Acquisition reform , inherently governmental , workforce , In-sourcing , A-76 , P&B
House committee authorizes 10 pilots to try alternative approaches. Defense Science Board recommends ways to improve IT procurement across the military.
Administration collecting industry input before issuing four guidances by Sept. 30. Acquisition workforce remains biggest challenge.
Tags: contracting , David Drabkin , Jeff Liebman , OMB , OFPP , GSA , DoD , Coalition for Government Procurement , AIA , Lockheed Martin , Acquisition Solutions , John Palatiello and Associates , John Palatiello , Larry Allen , Trey Hodgkins , Alan Chvotkin , Eleanor Spector , Acquisition reform , acquisition workforce , competition