Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: acquisition
Some of the biggest contracts for small businesses are awarded to companies that are not that small, according to a recent report from the American Small Business League. Brian Reeder, the league's communications director, joined In Depth with Francis Rose to discuss the report's findings.
The Department of Veterans Affairs has issued a stop-work order on a key component of the integrated electronic health record system it isdeveloping with the Defense Department. Virginia-based ASM Research won the $103 million contract.
The buzz in the contracting community with the release of the 2013 budget request is that companies will have to fight harder to get — and keep — business with federal agencies. Ray Bjorklund, the vice president and chief knowledge officer at Deltek, joined In Depth with Francis Rose to discuss his take on the administration's 2013 budget request.
A new report shows agencies already cut the use of management-support contracts by 7 percent in 2011. OMB details four focus areas to continue to reduce spending on contracts for 2012.
Tags: contracting , Danny Werfel , OMB , Commerce , Rebecca Blank , Intelligent Decisions , strategic sourcing , Campaign to Cut Waste , HHS , Interior , management support contracts , high-risk contracts , Jason Miller
Talking to their federal customers is a critical part of a contractor's job. But under the STOCK Act — short for Stop Trading on Congressional Knowledge — could make that more difficult. Trey Hodgkins, the senior vice president for National Security and Procurement Policy at TechAmerica, joined In Depth with Francis Rose to discuss the proposal.
The agency wants to make it easier for customers to buy non-IT professional services under one contract. Mary Davie, assistant commissioner at the Federal Acquisition Service, said the business case will be posted for governmentwide review by June.
Host Roger Waldron talks federal procurement with David Drabkin, corporate director for Acquisition Policy at the Northrop Grumman Corporation.
February 21, 2012
Tags: contracting , procurement , David Drabkin , Northrop Grumman , Federal Procurement , contract duplication , acquisition workforce , Roger Waldron , Off the Shelf , Coalition for Government Procurement
Boxwood Executive Search President Bert Sadtler will talk about how government agencies use executive search firms.
February 20, 2012
Tags: executive search , HR , executive compensation , recruitment , Mark Amtower , contracting , government market , social networks , LinkedIn , Boxwood Executive Search , Bert Sadtler , Amtower Off Center
The goal is for agencies to offer on a fee-for-service basis excess cloud capacity. GSA's Dave McClure said financial management, human resources, customer relationship management and geospatial services are some of the possible offerings.