Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: acquisition
The Obama administration and lead website contractor CGI Federal said Friday they had mutually agreed to part ways on HealthCare.gov. CGI's current contract will not be renewed after February. Instead, the administration intends to hire Accenture, a major technology consulting company, to run the federal website serving 36 states.
Inside the Reporter's Notebook: Acquisition, IT trends; Is cybersecurity awareness month still necessary?
News and buzz in the acquisition and IT communities that you may have missed this week.
With the partial government shutdown behind them, members of Congress are working on several bills that impact the federal workforce, including a resolution that supports ending the federal pay freeze and a bill that tackles the claims backlog at Veterans Affairs.
GSA and DoD release six suggestions for how to better integrate cybersecurity in the acquisition progress. The recommendations are one of the deliverables under the cyber Executive Order President Obama signed last February. GSA will release a RFI in the coming weeks to let industry and others comment on how best to begin implementation.
The Government Accountability Office Monday denied the protest of ICF International, saying DHS' "evaluation was reasonable and in accord with the terms of the solicitation."
GSA expects to make as many as 21 awards under the contract, which is estimated to be worth $1.25 billion over five years.
Reps. Eshoo, Connolly take on IT procurement reforms by floating a draft bill.
The House Oversight Committee is looking into Navy contracting practices amid a widening federal probe into a multimillion-dollar bribery scheme involving a Singapore-based defense contractor accused of offering prostitution services and pricey vacations to Navy officers.
On this week's Capital Impact show, Bloomberg Government analysts discuss the President's State of the Union address and the environmental impact of air travel.
January 30, 2014
President Barack Obama did not address federal IT and procurement reforms during his State of the Union address Tuesday night, but he did call for a review of all federal training programs. He also reiterated the need to speed up federal permitting and the continued reduction of the backlog of claims at the Department of Veterans Affairs.