Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: acquisition
Firms that are paid tens of millions of dollars to root out Medicare fraud are bidding on contracts to investigate companies they are doing business with, sometimes their own parent companies, according to a government report released Tuesday.
The Air Force has awarded contracts to five companies to help it with a long-term cybersecurity project.
Lockheed Martin, one of the world's largest defense contractors, has announced a 5 percent workforce reduction at its Mission Systems and Sensors (MS2)business area. The company said it notified 308 of its U.S.-based employees Tuesday "that they will no longer have employment with the company," according to a release.
Author Steve Koprince will talk about his book and the challenges facing small business contractors.
July 9, 2012(Encore presentation August 6, 2012)
The agency released a request for information last month detailing copier and print managed services requirements. GSA awarded a strategic sourcing contract to 11 vendors in September for basic print management services under the Federal Strategic Sourcing Initiative.
Carolyn Alston, executive vice president and general counsel for the Coaltiion for Government Procurement, talks about what's ahead for the GSA Multiple Award Schedules Program.
July 3, 2012
Companies specializing in health technology, surveillance and services for military special operations bucked the decline in federal contract spending last year, according to a Bloomberg Government report.
Tom Johnson, publisher of Set-Aside Alert talks about the challenges facing contractors.
July 2, 2012(Encore presentation August 20, 2012)
Tags: contracting , government market , Tom Johnson , Set Aside Alert , set-asides , small business , DoD , Department of Veteran Affairs , OMB , Mythbusters , IT procurements , Mark Amtower , Amtower Off Center
Homeland Security releases policy and guidance on how departments and vendors will implement continuous monitoring and get away from static reports on the cyber health of their systems. DHS is hoping Congress approves a $200 million funding request to buy five different commercial cyber tools, a dashboard and a security data warehouse in 2013.
A new federal program to help small contractors owned by women is drawing criticism from lawmakers and business advocates who say it has provided too little assistance to too few firms.