Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: acquisition
Three senators are proposing major reforms to the federal government's acquisition process.
The Interagency Suspension and Debarment Committee (ISDC) issued its annual report to Congress showing that the use of suspension and debarment increased substantially in 2011 over 2009 and 2010.
Larry Allen of Allen Federal and Richard Mackey of CapITalReps will discuss how changes to GSA Schedules will affect you.
September 17, 2012(Encore presentation October 22, 2012)
Tags: procurement , contracting , Samuel Bornstein , Jim Phillips , Centre Consulting , Allen Federal , Larry Allen , CapitalReps , Richard Mackey , strategic sourcing , FSSI , cost benefit analysis , GSA , GSA schedules , Mark Amtower , Amtower Off Center
The Obama administration's legacy over the past four years consists of major wins, missed opportunities and large scale busts. Federal News Radio evaluated 23 ideas and initiatives behind which the administration flexed its performance and management muscle over the last four years. We rated 10 of the 23 as "effective" and 13 of the 23 as "more progress needed" or "ineffective." In our special weeklong multimedia series, "The Obama Impact: Evaluating the Last Four Years" we review how well the administration was able to go from concept to strategy to implementation to success in the areas of management, technology, workforce and acquisition.
Senate lawmakers and the agency's Inspector General say the strategy to reorganize the General Services Administration and make it more accountable is on the right track. Acting Administrator Dan Tangherlini said he will consolidate IT and HR across the agency, and reduce contracting fees charged by the Federal Acquisition Service.
Tags: management , Dan Tangherlini , GSA , Joe Lieberman , Susan Collins , Brian Miller , oversight , Shakeup at GSA , Senate Homeland Security & Governmental Affairs Co , strategic sourcing , contracting fees , Competition in Contracting Act , Jason Miller
GSA's System for Award Management is finding its footing after a rough start. OFPP Administrator Joe Jordan said he's watching the systems' progress carefully.
Tags: acquisition policy , OFPP , GSA , DoD , Joe Jordan , Dick Ginman , System for Award Management , strategic sourcing , GAO , High Risk list , Interagency contracting , Coalition for Government Procurement , Jason Miller
Carolyn Alston, executive vice president and general counsel for the Coalition for Government Procurement, will talk about the multiple award schedule program.
September 11, 2012(Encore presentation October 30, 2012)
Terry Dunlap, founding partner of Tactical Network Solutions talks about the services his company provides to protect your computer networks from hackers.
September 10, 2012
Tags: intel community , contracting , offensive cyber tools , hackers , Ft. Meade , Black Hat , Defcon , Shmoocon , Terry Dunlap , Tactical Network Solutions , Howard County Tech Council , Amtower Off Center , Mark Amtower
As many as 66 countries would be able to buy drones under revised weapons export guidelines the Pentagon drafted last year.
Gino Magnifico, the ACC's chief information officer, said his component is helping to lead an Armywide effort to develop a new contract writing system. It's not just a technology refresh, however. It's about improving the business processes.
September 6, 2012