Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: acquisition
The FAR Council wants to implement governmentwide requirements to increase the oversight of security personnel abroad.
Sens. Joseph Lieberman (I-Conn.) and Susan Collins (R-Maine) want regular updates from Justice officials on the steps they are taking to better input and share information on vendors who have committed crimes. The DoJ IG found the agency's internal controls and training were lacking.
The office asked for industry comment on how to get better data into the Federal Awardee Performance and Integrity Information System. OFPP asked for input on seven questions.
On this week's Bloomberg Government Capital Impact show, analysts will discuss the benefits of electronic health records, and legislation that could make its way through Congress before the sequestration deadline.
The service is taking a four-pronged approach to improve its procurement process and find savings. A review board looks at all acquisitions to make sure its strategy and contract formation are beneficial. Other agencies, like NASA and DHS, are consolidating more contracts into larger buys.
Despite planned budget cuts, the military is moving ahead to design a new tactical truck to replace the Humvee, which is vulnerable to roadside bombs and isn't expected meet the demands of future conflicts.
Host Roger Waldron talks government oversight with Ken Donohue of the Reznick Group.
July 17, 2012
The Veterans Affairs Department said it saved $40 million by using this centralized approach to managing contractors. vendor management organizations also help agencies buy more strategically. OFPP plans to expand strategic sourcing and sets a $2 billion savings goal by 2015.
Tags: Steven VanRoekel , OMB , OFPP , strategic sourcing , technology , acquisition policy , contracting , Joe Jordan , PortfolioStat , vendor management organizations , DHS , Jane Holl Lute , GSA , Dan Tangherlini , Transportation , John Porcari , Jason Miller , President
Defense leaders say the Pentagon should skip buying IT for some major systems until contractors finish production. Many big projects take years to complete, meaning the technology inside becomes outdated by project completion.
Firms that are paid tens of millions of dollars to root out Medicare fraud are bidding on contracts to investigate companies they are doing business with, sometimes their own parent companies, according to a government report released Tuesday.