Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: acquisition
In the early to mid 2000s, the U.S. Coast Guard was rocked by a series of procurement and contract management crises, spurred by problems with its "Deepwater" acquisition program. Yesterday, Coast Guard officials reported to a House committee on progress toward improving contract and acquisition management.
General Dynamics IT engineers will help ensure the security of DIA information and defend the agency's computer networks. The company still needs to hire an additional 80 employees to support the contract.
DoD has officially canceled efforts to develop a radio that could transmit broadband data on the battlefield after the costs skyrocketed. The Pentagon had earlier slashed the number it planned to buy from 82,000 to 10,000.
Steve Kempf, the commissioner of the Federal Acquisition Service at GSA joined the Federal Drive with Tom Temin and Amy Morris to discuss new efforts at more efficient print management.