Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: acquisition
The service's new acquisition strategy tries to imagine the Army's needs over the next three decades as the focus shifts away from large counterinsurgency and stability operations.
Guy Ben-Ari, the deputy director of the Defense-Industrial Initiatives Group at CSIS, and Greg Sanders, a senior fellow with the group, joined Pentagon Solutions to discuss the latest DoD contracting trends identified in the group's annual report.
Two brigades of the Army's 10th Mountain Division are training on a ready-to-go set of networking capabilities as they prepare to deploy to Afghanistan. The IT comes out of the Network Integration Evaluation process.
David Dowd, a partner at Mayer Brown LLP, discusses three significant bid protests involving blanket purchase agreements.
The draft solicitation asks for 15 toolsets and 11 service areas to help agencies implement continuous monitoring as-a-service and to buy sensors. DHS has asked vendors on GSA Schedule 70 to comment on the requirements.
A collection of federal unions and watchdogs groups wrote to the House and Senate Armed Services Committee urging support for a law capping taxpayer-funded contracting compensation costs at $230, 700 — the maximum salary earned by the highest-paid federal employees.
On this week's Bloomberg Government Capital Impact show, analysts will talk about cybersecurity and risk managment.
October 18, 2012
Tags: Bloomberg Government , Capital Impact , cybersecurity , Cybersecurity Act of 2012 , Afzal Bari , Jason Wilson , Kiersten Todt Coon , Liberty Group Ventures LLC , risk management , cyber attacks , Allen Scott
Host Mark Amtower discusses capture analytics and other contracting topics with Lohfeld Consulting CEO Bob Lohfeld.
October 15, 2012(Encore presentation November 5, 2012)
Current definitions of cyberspace have led to confusion about roles, responsibilities, lanes in the road, a top Air Force general said Thursday. Senior leaders will convene a summit in November to zero-in on a common understanding of cyber.
As the biggest spender in the federal government, the Defense Department has the greatest potential to award contracts to small businesses. But the nature and breadth of defense contracts can leave out small firms. In part one of Federal News Radio's special report, The Small Business Dilemma, we examine how the Pentagon is taking steps to make it easier for small firms to do business with the department.
Tags: DoD , Contracting , Alice Williams , Army Contracting Command , Sean Crean , Navy , Naval Supply Systems Command , set-asides , Mitch Free , Connecting to American Manufacturing , MFG.com , Small Business Dilemma , small business , Jolie Lee , exclusive