Shows & Panels
Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- American Readiness: Renewable Power and Efficiency Technologies
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Delivering the Digital Government Mission
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal News Radio's National Cyber Security Awareness Month Special Panel Discussion
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: acquisition
On this week's Capital Impact show, Bloomberg Government analysts discuss Fannie and Freddie underwriting practices, how much colleges and universities spend on lobbying, and how BRAC is changing the area around Fort Meade.
March 28, 2013
Tags: Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac , qualified mortgage rule , dodd-frank act , Consumer Financial Protection Bureau , Base Realignment and Closure , Fort Meade , NSA , Cyber Command , DISA , lobbying , Allen Scott , Nela Richardson , Peter Crispino , The Arundel Voice , Peter Brusoe , Bloomberg Government , Capital Impact
Jonathan Aronie, partner at Sheppard Mullin joinst host Roger Waldron, for a wide ranging discussion of the GSA schedules program.
March 26, 2013
Joyce Bosc and Bill Holleran from Boscobel Marketing Communications, will discuss how to raise your business profile in the government market.
March 25, 2013
Inside the Reporter's Notebook: A deeper focus on strategic sourcing, boosting acquisition and cyber workforces
News and buzz in the acquisition and IT communities that you may have missed this week.
Tags: Jason Miller , Inside the Reporters Notebook , technology , industry , Joe Jordan , Mike Smith , DHS , OFPP , Mark Borkowski , CBP , acquisition workforce , strategic sourcing , DoD , cybersecurity , Keith Alexander , Carl Levin , U.S. Cyber Command
Tom Sharpe, the commissioner of the Federal Acquisition Service at the General Services Administration, is focusing on 10 areas to make the organization more responsive and efficient. Sharpe also plans to meet with vendors and employees to improve their satisfaction with FAS.
On this week's Bloomberg Government Capital Impact show, analysts will compare the House and Senate budget proposals, and discuss sequestration's impact on the economy.
March 21, 2013
Tags: budget battle , budget cuts , Paul Ryan , health care , continuing resolution , sequestration , Bloomberg Government , Loren Duggan , Cameron Leuthy , Nela Richardson , Allen Scott , Capital Impact
The House Oversight and Government Reform Committee approved the Federal IT Acquisition Reform Act (FITARA) with little debate and no amendments. Rep. Darrell Issa (R-Calif.), the bill's author and chairman of the committee, said the provisions to give CIOs more budget control and the IT project and program management improvements will have a big impact on how agencies spend money on technology.
Tags: technology , Darrell Issa , House Oversight and Government Reform Committee , industry , Mike Hettinger , Software and Information Industry Association , TechAmerica , IT reform , project management , Federal IT Acquisition Reform Act , open source , strategic sourcing , Jason Miller , exclusive
Federal News Radio interviews conference speakers and organizers about the 2013 Acquisition Excellence Conference.
Veterans service organizations say despite attempts at improvement, the Department of Veterans Affairs' verification process for veteran-owned small businesses is still barring legitimate firms from contracts with the department, while doing little to deter actual fraud.
Tags: VA , Congress , acquisition policy , SDVOSB , veterans , Service-disabled veteran owned small business , Joe Wynn , Davy Leghorn , Mark Goldschmitt , Center for Veterans Enterprise , Jared Serbu
Joanne Woytek, NASA's Solutions for Enterprise-Wide Procurement program manager, fleshed out details of the space agency's new governmentwide acquisition contract Monday on In Depth with Francis Rose.