Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: acquisition
Dan Gordon, associate dean for government procurement law at the George Washington University Law School and the former administrator at the Office of Federal Procurement Policy, says there is keen interest among contractors and budget hawks alike in seeing if the downward trend in contract spending continues this year.
The Network Services 2020 initiative will not be a large worldwide contract as the Networx and FTS procurements were over the past 20 years. GSA still is developing the overall strategy, but plans to use a similar approach it used with DISA on the recent satellite communications contract.
Tags: technology , industry , Kevin Gallo , GSA , DISA , Tony Bardo , Hughes Network Systems , telecommunications , Network Services 2020 , Future Commercial Satellite Communications Services Acquisition , Independent Telecommunications Pioneer Association , Jason Miller
On this week's Bloomberg Government Capital Impact show, analysts examine why Congress failed to pass comprehensive cybersecurity legislation last year, and the impact that money had on the 2012 election.
January 3, 2012
Tags: technology , cybersecurity , Congress , Cyber bills , Allen Scott , Allan Holmes , Peter Brusoe , LinkedIn , Bank of America , lobbying , Lobbyists , Super Pacs , Bloomberg Government , Capital Impact
Stan Soloway, the President and CEO of the PSC, and Phil Kangas, a principal with Grant Thornton, joined Pentagon Solutions with Francis Rose to discuss the findings of a survey of federal acquisition personnel.
On this week's Bloomberg Government Capital Impact show, analysts will talk about the top energy issues in 2012, and what's ahead for 2013.
December 27, 2012
The first Navy ship is undergoing an overhaul to implement the CANES system, one of up to 23 authorized under Pentagon's go-ahead for limited deployment.
Carolyn Alston and Bill Gormley from the Coalition for Government Procurement will discuss the procurement highlights and lowlights in 2012.
December 25, 2012 (Encore presentation January 1, 2013)
Tags: contracting , procurement , Carolyn Alston , Bill Gormley , Coalition for Government Procurement , strategic sourcing , contract duplication , GSA , multiple award contracting , Roger Waldron , Off the Shelf
NORAD fills us in on how it's tracking Santa Claus on Christmas Eve. David Berteau of the Center for Strategic and International studies reviews the State Department's rough week. Ed Hardy of Brighthand.com talks about a good move by the maker of BlackBerry. Dr. Jacques Gansler of the University of Maryland discusses the acquisition challenges the government will be facing in the coming years.
Tags: Bill Lewis , NORAD , DoD , DoD Report , cybersecurity , Cybersecurity Update , David Berteau , Center for Strategic & International Studies , Ed Hardy , Brighthand , State Department , ICE , Jacques Gansler , Federal Drive
On this week's Bloomberg Government Capital Impact show, analysts will discuss the mass shooting at an elementary school in Newtown Connecticut. They will also talk about how President Obama plans to respond to the tragedy, and the impact that response will have on the gun lobby.
December 20, 2012
The Federal Acquisition Regulations Council's proposal would implement part of a July 2012 memo from the Office of Management and Budget. The memo directed agencies to take specific steps to ensure accelerated payments to small businesses.