Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: acquisition
Cameron Leuthy, senior budget analyst at Bloomberg Government, will give us his take on the President's 2015 budget request.
March 11, 2014
Sen. Claire McCaskill (D-Mo.) tries to get to the bottom of why, after a decade, contracting officers still do not have quality information on how contractors perform. GSA said it has a plan to integrate 10 databases by 2018 through a series of incremental improvements.
Hewlett Packard social media guru Christina Morrison will discuss how to create a social media strategy for your agency or business.
March 10, 2014
Mary Davie, assistant commissioner for GSA's Integrated Technology Service and Mark Day, ITS assistant deputy commissioner, will talk about the agency's priorities for this year.
March 4, 2014
Tags: technology , innovation , GSA , Integrated Technology Service , Mary Davie , Mark Day , NS2020 , GSA schedules , strategic sourcing , cloud computing , SmartBUY , Roger Waldron , Coalition for Government Procurement , Off the Shelf
Jim Phillips, executive vice president of Centre Consulting, will discuss various contracting issues with host Mark Amtower.
March 3, 2014
The Homeland Security Department has awarded a $145 million contract for a series of border security towers to be built along the Mexican border in Arizona.
Jon Etherton, president of Etherton and Associates, Inc., will discuss whether Congress will pass acquisition reform this year.
February 25, 2014
On this week's Capital Impact show, Admiral James Winnefeld, vice chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, discusses Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel's inaugural budget with Bloomberg Television's Peter Cook.
February 27, 2014
The Pentagon is implementing most of the recommendations it made in 2010's Section 804 report to Congress. Katrina McFarland, DoD's assistant secretary for acquisition, said initial results of the change are promising. But an upcoming GAO report is expected to show DoD has a long way to go to move toward an agile, incremental approach to IT systems development.
The three military department's top acquisition officials say they are each undergoing examinations of their contract spending on services. The goal is to ensure that the current, highly-decentralized service contracting process is serving valid military missions.