Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Your Turn with Mike Causey
NARFE's David Snell will discuss the impact of a proposed change to how federal retirees' cost-of-living adjustments are calculated.
September 4, 2013
A proposed change to how federal retirees' cost-of-living adjustments are calculated could have a huge, negative impact, according to David Snell of the National Active and Retired Federal Employees Association. NARFE is urging its members and retirees to contact their congressmen during the week of Sept. 16 to express their opposition to the chained consumer price index.
What do you get when you put a group of Senior Executive Service members in a room together? A lot of straight talk about managing the short-term and long-term challenges of sequestration. Carol Bonosaro, president of the Senior Executives Association, says the federal managers that participated in the recent discussion came up with real conclusions that "need to be said and heard."
Host Mike Causey is joined by Bob Leins and Tammy Flanagan, hosts of Federal News Radio's For Your Benefit program. They will talk about how you can plan your retirement to maximize your benefits.
January 2, 2013
Walton Francis, THE expert on the federal health-insurance program, joined host Mike Cause to answer federal employees' and retirees' questions about finding the right plan during Open Season, which runs through Dec. 10.
John Montague talks about life insurance and Sean Reilly discuses the U.S. Postal Service's finances and more this week on Your Turn.
Attorney Tom O'Rourke and Federal Times' Steve Losey joined Mike Causey.
Host Mike Causey moderates a roundtable discussion
of sequestration, postal service buyouts, and
August 15, 2012
Tags: pay and benefits , sequestration , Paul Ryan , budget battle , NARFE , Joseph Beaudoin , Steve Watkins , Sean Reilly , Federal Times , USPS , buyouts , early retirements , Social Security , TSA , OPM backlog , Mike Causey ,
Coming soon...maybe...to a federal agency near you: Sequestration. Everybody is talking about it and nobody is doing anything about it. Congress set up the Dr. Strangelove-like time bomb to force it to do something...but so far nobody is doing anything but warning about federal furloughs and layoffs that could also devastate the contractor community.....
When you think of the good old days do you think of your childhood, or maybe when you were in high school or college? For some people, like those who work for or are otherwise linked to Uncle Sam, Senior Correspondent Mike Causey says the good old days may be as recent as this time last year when we thought times were tough.