Shows & Panels
Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- American Readiness: Renewable Power and Efficiency Technologies
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Delivering the Digital Government Mission
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal News Radio's National Cyber Security Awareness Month Special Panel Discussion
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Workforce
The Protecting America's Civilian Employees Act would require the Office of Management and Budget to submit a plan to Congress on how they would cut spending without harming the federal workforce.
Senior Correspondent Mike Causey asks: If furloughs come to your agency, will you treat them like a surprise budget vacation, or would that 20 percent per week pay cut put you under water? And is there a place where you can get an emergency, no-interest loan?
In 18th century Paris, the people demanded Liberty, Equality and Fraternity. In 21st century Washington, when a snowstorm approaches, the battle cry is white bread, milk and toilet paper, Senior Correspondent Mike Causey says.
This week on AFGE's "Inside Government" AFGE Housing and Urban Development Council 222 President Eddie Eitches and Department of Defense Local 2142 President Joe Gonzales detail the devastating impact sequestration would have on their respective agencies. AFGE Bureau of Prisons Local 1112 representatives Mike Schnobrich and April Bennett and Transportation Security Administration Local 778 Executive Vice President Bobby Newsome also appear.
If somebody guaranteed you $9 for every dollar you invested, would you take the deal? Most people would, but politicians who designed the sequestration process to save money may find it is also a costly exercise, Senior Correspondent Mike Causey says.
Now that you've been sequestered and set up for possible furloughs, what else could go wrong? A one-day-a-week furlough means a 20 percent pay cut for that week, Senior Correspondent Mike Causey explains. So what is the impact, if any, on your Thrift Savings Plan contributions and the matching contributions you get from your agency?
With sequestration now in effect, the Defense Department says it will have to begin to make decisions that cross the threshold between "reversible" cuts to military capability and those that will have long-lasting impacts.
Leah Kane, deputy project director for Reentry at the Council of State Government's Justice Center will talk about the work being done by her organization.
March 1, 2013
Sequestration? Furloughs? Pay freeze? Fed bashing? Poor leadership? The list of morale killers goes on and on. A new Federal News Radio survey on employee morale and leadership -- part of our special report, Leaders in Federal Service -- shows just how bad people are feeling in the federal workforce.
Tags: Top Leaders in Federal Service , morale , exclusive , survey , Miriam Cohen , Bob Tobias , Max Stier , Partnership for Public Service , leadership , Merit Systems Protection Board , Peter Leeds , James Tsugawa , Bill Spencer , Michael OConnell , workforce , management
Rep. Hank Johnson discusses Social Security, dangers of sequestration on "Inside Government" - February 22, 2013
This week on AFGE's "Inside Government" Rep. Hank Johnson, D-Ga., defends Social Security's solvency and long-term viability. AFGE Air Force Materiel Command Council 214 President Troy Tingey, Council of Prison Locals Western Region Vice President Michael Meserve and William Beaumont Army Medical Center Local 2516 President Paul Ferris also address workplace issues and legislative priorities for 2013.