Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Workforce
Debra Roth, a partner at Shaw, Bransford and Roth, discusses the implications surrounding the recent case of a Medal of Honor recipient suing his former employer for defamation.
Unions, management associations and agencies will continue to meet through September 2013 to discuss issues from employee evaluations to bargaining over office space and technology. President Barack Obama signed an executive order extending the National Council on Federal Labor-Management Relations, the President's Management Advisory Board and seven other advisory committees.
Are you a federal manager? Then you need these 13 tips for managing the new crop of teleworkers in your office.
This week on AFGE's "Inside Government" Defense Conference Chair Don Hale addresses the Defense Department's plans to slash thousands of civilian workforce jobs. AFGE Political Action Committee Director Bob Nicklas and AFL-CIO's Ben Waxman also discuss the labor movement's collective bargaining win on Election Day in Ohio.
President Obama has requested $166.5 million to fight computer crime over the next year, and Congress has approved every penny.
The buyouts and early retirements apply to billing and collection jobs in 11 regional health care networks. They are part of VA's initiative to consolidate accounting activities.
The Postal Service has hired Evercore Partners, a New York-based investment bank, to evaluate proposed changes to its operations, compensation and benefits. Evercore has advised General Motors and other large, troubled companies. USPS said it needs to cut annual expenses by $20 billion by 2015.
The Office of Personnel Management has published an onboarding framework that agencies can use to ease the new-job jitters for members of the Senior Executive Service. Thorough orientation can increase retention, said OPM deputy associate director Steve Shih.
Ernest McDuffie, who oversees the National Initiative for Cybersecurity , joined the Federal Drive with Tom Temin and Amy Morris to provide an update on how the program is working.
Contracts with the National Association of Letter Carriers, AFL-CIO and the National Postal Mail Handlers Union, AFL-CIO with the Postal Service expired at midnight Nov. 20. The new negotiation deadline is Dec. 7.