Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Workforce
What do you say about a family that dedicates 130 years to the public service? In this case, its part of the legacy of the legendary Doc Cooke, a.k.a., the "Mayor of the Pentagon," who is credited with saving countless lives on 9/11, Senior Correspondent Mike Causey says.
Donjette Gilmore, director of Accounting and Finance Policy at the Under Secretary of Defense, joins host Derrick Dortch to talk about the inner financial workings at DoD.
May 18, 2012
Joan Melanson from Long Term Care Partners and
retirement benefits specialist James Marshall will
talk about the retirement and insurance options
that feds should consider.
May 18, 2012
There is a new game that is spreading like wildfire in government and among the media, Senior Correspondent Mike Causey says. It's a version of show and tell, except in this one you show us yours and we don't show you ours.
As a civil servant you have nothing to hide, so would it be okay if your friends and neighbors saw you naked. OK, if that seems a bit intrusive at least let us know how much money you make working for Uncle Sam, Senior Correspondent Mike Causey says.
The Senate Homeland Security and Government Affairs Committee moves the Domestic Partnership Benefits and Obligations, the Keeping Politics Out of Federal Contracting and two other pieces of legislation to the floor for a full vote.
Tags: management , acquisition , workforce , Joe Jordan , Susan Collins , Joe Lieberman , OFPP , Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs , domestic partner benefits , Hatch Act , political contributions , Jason Miller , Jon Tester
As part of the annual Defense authorization bill, House lawmakers will take up a provision designed to let federal employees gain experience and share expertise while working temporarily in other agencies.
Tags: Congress , National Defense Authorization Act , jointness , workforce , pay and benefits , TRICARE , Susan Collins , service contracting , Adam Smith , House , House Armed Services Committee , Jared Serbu
Navy Capt. Ken Barrett said diversity is an issue "people get hung up on," but he's never looked at it as meeting quotas. "It's about making heads counts, not counting heads," he said. The profile is part of Federal News Radio's Federal Voices series.
If the boss told you to lay off the sauce, Senior Correspondent Mike Causey wants to know: Would you consider it career advice or an invasion of your privacy?
Do you know the difference between a Roth IRA and the Roth TSP option? Because if you don't, it could cost you thousands of dollars in taxes and in future income when you retire, Senior Correspondent Mike Causey says.