Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Workforce
When somebody tells a fed they've got good news and bad news and which do they want first, there is no right answer. So what is it now. And what does it mean when the boss says to report to her office with a burlap sack and two mangoes?
The service launched a new portal to let civilian workers prepare for retirement, request a retirement estimate and acquire the necessary paperwork to pay a military or civilian deposit.
A look at the major acquisition professionals making a difference in government. Do you know everyone on our list?
Is Friday in the summertime your own personal Twilight Zone or is it just another day at the Pentagon, IRS or Homeland Security Department ... And did the federal government fake the moon landings as many conspiracy theorists believe? For answers, check out Senior Correspondent Mike Causey's column.
The National Institutes of Health has more than a decade of experience under its belt administering a governmentwide acquisition contract (GWAC).
Researchers are struggling to agree on the best method for comparing public and private sector compensation. Some analysts say the use of differing methods results in wildly varied conclusions.
Tighter budgets and the threat of sequestration have not discouraged the Defense Department from increasing the size of its acquisition workforce, officials said. DoD is adding 20,000 employees to buy more efficiently.
VA will offer teleconferencing at Fort Drum, N.Y., Fort Knox, Ky., Rock Island Arsenal, Ill., Fort Leonard Wood, Mo., and Fort Riley, Kans.
At the heart of solid federal acquisition lies a well-trained workforce. National Defense University's iCollege professors Andy Gravatt and Russ Mattern share how the school stays up-to-date on acquisition practices across government and the recent changes they've made to the curriculum.
The program affects soldiers who have more than three years active duty service but less than six years total service.