Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Workforce
Federal workers got their first good news in four years last week. But it is hard to find anybody dancing in the street over news that their health premiums are only going up a little, Senior Correspondent Mike Causey says.
Jim Seymour of the Partnership for Public sevice, and several Service to America medal winners join host Debra Roth on today's program.
September 21, 2012
Federal Times columnist Lily Whiteman will talk about her book, "How to Land a Top-Paying Job in the Federal Government".
September 21, 2012(Encore presentation October 5, 2012 & October 26, 2012)
This week on AFGE's "Inside Government" Council of Prison Locals President Dale Deshotel discusses a new GAO report about the impact of overcrowding in federal prisons. Also, more coverage from the Democratic National Convention with AFGE National President J. David Cox, Save the Children SVP Mark Shriver and former Clinton White House spokesman Bob Weiner.
House Transportation and Infrastructure Subcommittee on Economic Development, Public Buildings and Emergency Management approved the Public Buildings Reform Act. It includes reducing GSA's Public Buildings Service workforce to 2008 levels and freezing SES bonuses through 2014 across the entire agency.
Tags: acquisition , management , GSA , Public Building Service , Jeff Denham , Russ Carnahan , House Transportation and Infrastructure Committee , Public Buildings Reform Act , Shakeup at GSA , workforce , Jason Miller , Larry Allen , Bob Suda , John Mica
Gadi Dechter, the managing director for economic policy at the Center for American Progress, contends if President Barack Obama wins another four years in office, his performance management agenda would push for more data-driven program evaluations. This is part of Federal News Radio's special, week-long multimedia report, The Obama Impact: Evaluating the Last Four Years
Senior Correspondent Mike Causey wants to know: If you had to fill out President Obama's performance appraisal, how would it look? If Governor Romney were seeking a job in your organization would he pass muster?
Federal News Radio asked seven different unions, organizations and government groups for their priorities in the upcoming administration. Their responses are part of the series, The Obama Impact: Evaluating the Last Four Years.
Cyber criminals might unknowingly provide the impetus to help agencies address a cybersecurity skills gap. OPM also is working with agencies to address other shortfalls in key workforce competencies.
Is it possible to kick a group into shape? When you want to motivate your staff, do you yell at them and tell them they are losers? Is this how coaches create winning teams? If so, federal workers are on the right track, Senior Correspondent Mike Causey says.