Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Workforce
The Republican Party officially unveiled national party platform Tuesday, revealing its plan to downsize the federal workforce, trim federal benefits and privatize airport screeners. The party's platform calls for a reduction in the federal workforce by at least 10 percent through attrition, says federal pay and benefits should be aligned with the private sector and calls for reforms to the U.S. Postal Service.
Navel gazing is as old as the republic, Senior Correspondent Mike Causey says. You can do it two ways: You can gaze at somebody else's or, in moments of reflection, at your own. Sort of like the wisdom of the crowd without the crowd. Today's column features some introspective visions of government operations from people on the inside.
Education Secretary Arne Duncan said the furloughs would address tighter budgets caused by sequestration. He also discussed other possible effects, including reductions in contracting. Wednesday's hearing represented the first time members of Congress have closely examined the effects across-the-board spending cuts could have on civilian agencies.
Wouldn't it be great if we didn't have to pay taxes ... or paid only for things we like and want? Senior Correspondent Mike Causey consulted a longtime legal eagle at the Treasury Department and she had some interesting points.
Chris Hale, president of the National Veteran Owned Business Association, talks about the work being done by his organization.
August 24, 2012
Jenny Mattingley hosts of roundtable discussion of legislation pending in Congress that affect federal workers.
August 24, 2012
Tags: workforce , Congress , Congressional recess , federal retirement , pay freeze , budget battle , sequestration , Jenny Mattingley , Bruce Moyer , National association of postal supervisors , National Association of Assistant U.S. Attorneys , Maureen Gilman , NTEU , Jessica Klement , NARFE , Shaw Bransford & Roth , Fed Talk
The union's new president hopes to add more than 20,000 federal employees to its membership within a year. J. David Cox hopes "underrepresented" parts of government will fuel that growth.
First lady Michelle Obama revealed Wednesday that 2,000 businesses around the country have hired or trained more than 125,000 military veterans and spouses in the past year, surpassing a White House goal of 100,000 by the end of next year.
We've been to the surface of the moon, and the bottom of the ocean but as yet, no one has answered the eternal question: Is there life after retirement? Today we have some clues, Senior Correspondent Mike Causey says.
What makes a great federal leader? One of our readers says the formula is simple - behave in a manner that would make her daughter (or your kids) want to be like you!