Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Workforce
We've been to the surface of the moon, and the bottom of the ocean but as yet, no one has answered the eternal question: Is there life after retirement? Today we have some clues, Senior Correspondent Mike Causey says.
What makes a great federal leader? One of our readers says the formula is simple - behave in a manner that would make her daughter (or your kids) want to be like you!
Feds filed 7,553 retaliation/reprisal complaints in fiscal 2011, followed by 5,105 complaints of age-related discrimination and 4,389 of race-related discrimination (black or African American), according to the report.
A new survey from the National Treasury Employees Union finds two-thirds of Americans said Congress should raise taxes on the country's wealthiest citizens before cutting vital public services. However, others say the survey didn't ask the right questions.
Uncle Sam employs a larger percentage of veterans than any big company in the nation...we know it's policy and it's the right thing to do. But is it a good idea? Senior Correspondent Mike Causey reports that a been-there-done-that type says "Roger that..."
On the In Depth show blog, you can listen to the interviews, find more information about the guests on the show each day and links to additional resources.
No ifs, ands or butts. Smoking is an issue at many federal agencies. A lot of nonsmokers resent giving people time off for what they consider is an unhealthy, smelly habit. But smokers say what they are doing is no worse than people who overeat or use their government computers for some naughty purposes. Where there's smoke there's fire.
Tags: Mike Causey , smoking ban , smoking , workforce , pay and benefits , communication , efficiency in government , National Association of Active and Retired Federal Employees , Federal Dispute Resolution Conference
Intelligence community observer Ellen McCarthy says massive across-the-board spending cuts would result in significant layoffs in both the federal government and the private sector.
Tom Tarantino, chief policy officer for Iraq and Afghanistan Veterans of America, talks about the challenges facing veterans when they return home.
August 17, 2012(Encore presentation September 7 & 14, 2012)
Tags: workforce , Iraq and Afghanistan Veterans of America , Iraq and Afghanistan wars , PTSD , GI Bill , military healthcare , Tom Tarantino , Derrick Dortch , Fed Access , Department of Veterans Affairs
The General Services Administration wants to collect all government social media accounts in one single database so the public can trust they are engaging with an official government site. GSA hopes the registry will also provide a better picture of how federal agencies are using social media.