Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Workforce
Steve Caldeira, president and CEO of the International Franchise Association talks about an initiative to help veterans as they transition into a civilian economy.
November 16, 2012(Encore presentation November 23, 2012)
Miriam Nisbet, director of the Office of Government Information Services and Rick Blum from the Sunshine in Government Initiative, will discuss a new tool that agencies can use to process Freedom of Information requests.
November 20, 2012
Miriam Nisbet from the Office of Government Information Services and Rick Blum from the Sunshine in Government Initiative, will talk about a new portal that will help agencies with Freedom of Information Act requests.
November 16, 2012
Fred Hochberg, the Export-Import Bank president told The Federal Drive with Tom Temin and Emily Kopp that unlike other agencies, his agency has been able to pay money to the government rather than take money from the government.
Forget about the recession in Europe, the civil war in Syria, high-level romances and tons of emails from a general to a pal. It is time to get up close and personal and ask the all-important question: Are federal workers going to get the day off on the Monday before Christmas? Inquiring minds want to know, Senior Correspondent Mike Causey says.
Jennifer Norris, a victim advocate at the Military Rape Crisis Center in Maine, said the Air Force report released Wednesday investigating the widespread scandal at Lackland Air Base made recommendations but didn't address the military culture that allowed the sexual assaults to occur.
The Federal Salary Council will submit to the Federal Pay Agent in the coming weeks a recommendation to increase the number of localities that get special pay rates. OPM also will release the annual report on how much time federal employees spend on union activities during working hours. CHCO Council will also consider certification process for HR employees.
Tags: pay and benefits , workforce , OPM , Angela Bailey , John Berry , Chief Human Capital Officers Council , Federal Salary Council , locality pay , official time survey , Senior Executive Service , HR University , HR certification , Pam Malam , Interior , USAJobs.gov , Presidential Management Fellows Program , Jason Miller
The Office of Personnel Management is changing how it refers to the operating status of the government. Now when federal offices are closed due to weather or other emergencies, OPM will use the terminology, "Federal offices are closed. Federal employees required to work should follow their agency's policies."
It's great to donate money to starving children overseas and to support charities, hospitals and rescue animals. But there are times when there is nothing wrong with turning inward and helping people, even fellow federal workers and retirees, closer to home, Senior Correspondent Mike Causey says. Like now...
Quick holiday quiz: Before it was renamed and officially made a Monday holiday, what was Veterans Days called? Was it: Arbor Day, Armistice Day, Remembrance Day or Memorial Day? Read Senior Correspondent Mike Causey's column to find out.