Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Witold Skwierczynski
This week on AFGE's "Inside Government" AFGE National Council of Social Security Administration Field Operations Locals President Witold Skwierczynski discusses the union's conceptual agreement with SSA for a new national contract. Skwierczynski also addresses the impact of office closures on the public. AFGE Housing and Urban Development Council 222 Executive Vice President Carolyn Federoff analyzes the federal deficit while Environmental Agency Protection Council 238 Executive Vice President Tom Link provides an update on the council's Save the Environment - Save the EPA campaign.
A long-fought negotiation between the American Federation of Government Employees and the Social Security Administration seems to be over as the two sides agree to terms of new national contract.
Nearly two years of negotiating has led to a stalemate between the Social Security Administration and its largest union, the American Federation of Government Employees. The protracted dispute mars the Obama administration's otherwise productive attempts to collaborate formally with federal unions.
Tags: Social Security Administration , Michael Astrue , IFPTE , Greg Junemann , AFGE , FMA , Jessica Klement , workforce , unions , Labor , management , National Council on Federal Labor Management Relations , Emily Kopp
This week on AFGE's "Inside Government" labor historian Dr. Nelson Lichtenstein discusses the importance of public sector unions and the future of the labor movement. AFGE National Council of Social Security Administration Field Operations Locals President Witold Skwierczynski also appears to address contract negotiations with SSA and a series of upcoming nationwide rallies.
U.S. Rep. Frank Kratovil (D-Md.)
Contract negotiations between SSA and AFGE won't be going forward without the help of a special mediator.
President, Council 224
President, Council 215
President, Council 220
President, Council 109
This week's show focuses on the continuing possibility of a government shutdown. Guests include Steve Watkins and Sean Reilly from the Federal Times and AFGE's Witold Skwierczynski.
March 2, 2011
AFGE plans to protest on Wednesday the possible spending cuts to the Social Security Administration in more than 20 states. SSA Commission Astrue tried to alleviate spending concerns with an e-mail to employees. Meanwhile, SSA and AFGE are negotiating a new contract.
Agency officials say the House's proposed budget could mean furloughs and layoffs. Reduced funding also could slow the construction of SSA's new data center. Officials say the current computer center poses a high risk for outages that would impact critical operations.