Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Witold Skwierczynski
This week on AFGE's "Inside Government" DoD Local 2077 President Jon Suminski details OSHA violations at Selfridge Air National Guard Base in Michigan while Witold Skwierczynski, president of AFGE's National Council of Social Security Administration Field Operations Locals, discusses service reductions and field office closures at SSA. Economic Policy Institute Research and Policy Director Josh Bivens also appears.
This week on AFGE's "Inside Government" Department of Defense Local 1708 President Bill McGuire talks about the impact of furloughs on the Military Ocean Terminal Sunny Point in Southport, N.C. AFGE National Council of SSA Field Operations Locals President Witold Skwierczynski discusses resolved outstanding articles from the union's contract agreement with SSA while Economic Policy Institute Economic Analyst David Cooper addresses the lingering effects of unemployment on the economic recovery.
This week on AFGE's "Inside Government" AFGE National Council of SSA Field Operations Locals President Witold Skwierczynski and National Committee to Preserve Social Security and Medicare President Max Richtman voice opposition to President Obama's chained CPI budget proposal and its impact on seniors, veterans and federal employees. AFGE Public Policy Director Jacque Simon also analyzes proposed changes to the Federal Employees Health Benefits Program.
This week on AFGE's "Inside Government" AFGE Legislative and Political Director Beth Moten will preview the union's 2013 Legislative and Grassroots Mobilization Conference Feb. 10 - 13. AFGE Council of Prison Locals President Dale Deshotel and National Council of SSA Field Operations Locals President Witold Skwierczynski also address issues at their respective agencies.
This week on AFGE's "Inside Government" National Council of SSA Field Operations Locals President Witold Skwierczynski discusses a series of nationwide protests against Social Security cuts as part of the fiscal cliff negotiations. With more on the fiscal cliff, former Clinton White House spokesman Bob Weiner reacts to the GOP counteroffer. Bill Fletcher Jr. addresses union myths with his book, "They're Bankrupting Us!: And 20 Other Myths About Unions."
Witold Skwierczynski of the AFGE National Council of Social Security Administration Field Operations Locals talks about today's SSA demonstration. Travis Howerton discusses the National Nuclear Security Administration's plans to launch its own social network. Jeremy Herb of The Hill details the Defense Bill just passed by the Senate.
This week on AFGE's "Inside Government" National Council of Social Security Administration Field Operations Locals President Witold Skwierczynski responds to the agency's decision to reduce public office hours. Rep. Elijah Cummings, D-Md., discusses the danger of cutting public services while Rep. Adam Schiff, D-Calif., shares ideas to encourage U.S. manufacturing. Consumer Product Safety Commission spokeswoman Nikki Fleming also appears.
This week on AFGE's "Inside Government" Social Security Administration Council 220 President Witold Skwierczynski and Department of Housing and Urban Development Council 222 Executive Vice President Carolyn Federoff discuss the consequences of federal budget cuts. Former AFGE President Bobby Harnage also appears.
On the In Depth show blog, you can listen to the interviews, find more information about the guests on the show each day and links to additional resources.
After more than two years of tough negotiations, the Social Security Administration and its largest union, The American Federation of Government Employees, have signed off on final contract. The contract includes changes to office travel and vision benefits.