Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- Improving Healthcare Outcomes through IT Policy
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: William Lynn
William Lynn, the former deputy Defense secretary played a significant role in improving DoD's cyber posture. Now, the CEO of defense contractor DRS Technologies, Lynn joined Pentagon Solutions with Francis Rose for a deep-dive discussion into the Pentagon's cyber readiness and the changing nature of the cyber threats it faces.
Experts differ on how the position should work
The Department of Defense and the Office of Personnel Management have will be reviewing the National Security Personnel System.
DoD addressing long-standing shortcomings, including hiring 20,000 acquisition workers over the next five years. Reforms of the 1990s big reason for procurement problems, deputy secretary says.
Each service will implement core requirements, but have own unique system. Experience with DIHMRS brings back debate about what is the BTA's role.
Task force says DoD should reconstruct pay-for-performance program. Military expects to decide on path forward this fall.
Lynn also says, about the QDR, "People look for any sign of decision, like smoke from the Vatican chimney."
Deputy Secretary Lynn scheduled to make reveal plans during speech at CSIS.