Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: William Lynn
William Lynn, the former deputy Defense secretary played a significant role in improving DoD's cyber posture. Now, the CEO of defense contractor DRS Technologies, Lynn joined Pentagon Solutions with Francis Rose for a deep-dive discussion into the Pentagon's cyber readiness and the changing nature of the cyber threats it faces.
Experts differ on how the position should work
The Department of Defense and the Office of Personnel Management have will be reviewing the National Security Personnel System.
DoD addressing long-standing shortcomings, including hiring 20,000 acquisition workers over the next five years. Reforms of the 1990s big reason for procurement problems, deputy secretary says.
Each service will implement core requirements, but have own unique system. Experience with DIHMRS brings back debate about what is the BTA's role.
Task force says DoD should reconstruct pay-for-performance program. Military expects to decide on path forward this fall.
Lynn also says, about the QDR, "People look for any sign of decision, like smoke from the Vatican chimney."
Deputy Secretary Lynn scheduled to make reveal plans during speech at CSIS.