Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: White House
The White House chose nine projects for the second round of the innovation fellows program, including the 21st century Financial Systems project. This program hopes to simplify current accounting methods and minimize cost inefficiencies. Other PIF projects look to create platforms for sharing ideas within and between agencies.
The administration has suspended the monetary part of the program because of budget reductions. OPM will continue to accept nominations through Friday, however.
The White House released updated progress report on the cross-agency cybersecurity goals and found most agencies improved. The administration said more agencies are using smart cards to log onto their networks and more are implementing continuous monitoring.
Each year, the Presidential Distinguished Rank Awards honor members of the Senior Executive Service for their accomplishments. But this year, one very important group of federal employees was left out. Carol Bonosaro, president of the Senior Executives Association, said she's frustrated that this year's event included no winners from the intelligence community because the White House has yet to approve their nominations. An ODNI official said intelligence community winners will be announced soon.
An update to the Federal Information Security Management Act and the Cybersecurity Enhancement Act of 2013 passed through the House Tuesday night. The Cybersecurity Information Sharing and Protection Act also passed, but faces a veto threat because of concerns over data protection.
The White House asked Congress for a $2 billion increase in federal technology funding for fiscal 2014. Federal CIO Steve VanRoekel said there is broad recognition that the time to invest in IT is now because of the long-term savings and benefits it can bring.
A White House official says President Barack Obama will return part of his salary each month for the rest of the year, to the tune of $20,000.
Under the law, the President was supposed to submit a budget by Feb. 4. White House aides said deliberations over spending and sequestration in the past few months delayed the release of Obama's blueprint.