Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: White House
The administration has suspended the monetary part of the program because of budget reductions. OPM will continue to accept nominations through Friday, however.
The White House released updated progress report on the cross-agency cybersecurity goals and found most agencies improved. The administration said more agencies are using smart cards to log onto their networks and more are implementing continuous monitoring.
Each year, the Presidential Distinguished Rank Awards honor members of the Senior Executive Service for their accomplishments. But this year, one very important group of federal employees was left out. Carol Bonosaro, president of the Senior Executives Association, said she's frustrated that this year's event included no winners from the intelligence community because the White House has yet to approve their nominations. An ODNI official said intelligence community winners will be announced soon.
An update to the Federal Information Security Management Act and the Cybersecurity Enhancement Act of 2013 passed through the House Tuesday night. The Cybersecurity Information Sharing and Protection Act also passed, but faces a veto threat because of concerns over data protection.
The White House asked Congress for a $2 billion increase in federal technology funding for fiscal 2014. Federal CIO Steve VanRoekel said there is broad recognition that the time to invest in IT is now because of the long-term savings and benefits it can bring.
A White House official says President Barack Obama will return part of his salary each month for the rest of the year, to the tune of $20,000.
Under the law, the President was supposed to submit a budget by Feb. 4. White House aides said deliberations over spending and sequestration in the past few months delayed the release of Obama's blueprint.
Cyber coordinator Michael Daniel released updated goals for TIC, HSPD-12 and continuous monitoring on Performance.gov. He said by adding new goals to the portal, performance improvement officers will pay more attention and influence how agencies meet the targets.
Tags: technology , cybersecurity , Michael Daniel , OMB , Trusted Internet connection , HSPD-12 , Continuous monitoring , PIO , CIO , performance mangement , GSA , DHS , NIST , Jason Miller , exclusive