Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: White House
Lawmakers push for faster and more inclusive implementation of new air traffic control system. CTO nominee Chopra faces little scrutiny from committee.
Tags: technology , mngt , transition , Aneesh Chopra , Randolph Babbitt , Kay Bailey Hutchinson , Johnny Isakson , Mark Warner , Amy Klobuchar , Office of Science and Technology Policy , FAA , CTO , NextGen , Health IT
Some predicted it would happen and it did. President Barack Obama says the detainee abuse photos he wants to prevent from being released are "not really sensational", but at the same time they could put U.S. troops at risk. So he's directed White House lawyers to fight the court-ordered release of the photos. He says he won't stand for abuse of prisoners. Just recently, White House said it would release the photos, citing little chance of defeating an ACLU challenge to have them released.
Speaker Nancy Pelosi asks committee chairmen to recommend budget cuts by early June. Experts say history does not bode well for any real reductions or terminations.